• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspension is now validated

Hilljack68

Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
I just got the Coronet back on the road this Spring, but I've been running her through the countryside all by me onesies... never had a passenger.
Well, I took my wife and another couple out for Mexican yesterday (on some curvy, hilly roads), and was very pleased with the responses concerning the ride. See, I'm no mechanic, but I rebuilt the steering, brakes and suspension myself, so I was happy to hear how impressed they were with how it rode and how sticky it was in the corners... and my buddy drives a '65 Vette!
Great day for a drive in NE Ohio; great Mexican food; great to know all that work paid off.

20210730_174512.jpg

Completely agree with the last post. Your car is striking. It is also nice when work put in on function pays off.

68 coronet... the BEST designed one of all... they nailed it right off the bat on this one. and you got a gorgeous ride there !

If the wheels didn't fall off and there were positive responses from the passengers, you just became a mechanic. :)

Thanks fellas. The wheels were courtesy of Mr. Blacker up in CT. (Thanks again!) Despite some knuckle-busting and some words coming out of my mouth that never should, this build was a great four-year journey. Nadine started out looking like this...

paint000.png

If the wheels didn't fall off and there were positive responses from the passengers, you just became a mechanic.

Shhh!! Don't tell me wife. She'll want me to fix all that other crap around the house. :D

That was one hell of a project.

I'm hip. And I must be nuts, but I'm thinking of doing it all over again... I have an opportunity to grab my friend's Cuda. I'm trying to talk myself out of it, but I think I have the disease now!

Auto Transport Service
Back