• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swap question

dickdale

Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
I have a 2013 6.4l Hemi SRT8 out of a Jeep GC and an engine harness with PCM, gas and brake pedal from a 2013 Dodge Charger 6.4l Hemi SRT8.

Is there a way to make the engine run with these parts? By perhaps reprogramming the PCM?

Opps my mistake, wrong post

Last edited:
If the donor vehicle had the factory security system (pushbutton does) you should contact Diablosport and ask if it can be disabled in the PCM. If the PCM is powered up and does not get a valid security message it should start and immediately stall, or not even crank or start at all. Vehicles that don't have security systems can just be plugged in and run.

How can that be checked? By vin number? Or pcm number? Or only by Diablo?

Any vehicle with push button starting has that vehicle security system. Many of the modern cars without push button starting also have the vehicle theft deterrent system. Any FCA dealer service deaprtment can run the VIN and tell you if it was equipped.
Wouldn't hurt to contact Diablosport first. If they cracked the programming codes, they may know this answer too. I assume it does have it, but I don't know for fact every single SRT Grand Cherokee had push button starting. If Diablosport knows if this PCM has it by VIN, they can also tell you right away if their programming can disable it, turning your PCM into a fully unlocked stand alone unit, which is the goal here.

Diablosports doesn't do these things. Any other options?

1FE82653-4F51-49B7-8657-696260F2E523.jpeg

They are not telling you their software can't do it, they are simply referring you to their network of authorized dealers. The dealers actually supply the tunes so check with a dealer and see if they can tell you.
I am surprised nobody else chimed in to say whether or not they have done it, and what it took.

Check with the following tuners - high horse performance, modern muscle xtreme, rdp motorsports, Arrington engines, emp performance, demon performance. Some of the best late model shops out there, I’d check high horse performance, demon performance and modern muscle first, I’m sure one of those 3 will be able to tell you.

I've emailed High Horse Performance and MMX. Waiting for an answer...

Did you get the OBDII harness, also? You will need it to tune, if you get that far. The Diablo site has plenty of info on Chrysler stuff. They have PCMs for 2015-2017, not 2013. Typically tuners do not go in to theft-deterrent systems. It's not applicable to tuning. Check out the Mopar swap harness kit for putting a 6.4 in a pre-'76 car. P/N 77072454AB, $1,855. Need to verify with Chrysler that it will work what you have. Might be less headache in the long run.

The 2015 and newer PCM has to be replaced because they modify something internal to allow them to access aftermarket programming. The previous years do not require the internal modification. If all else fails, run a Big Stuff 3, FAST, Megasquirt, or one of the other stand-alone aftermarket PCMs. It's just easier if the stock PCM and modified stock harness are used.
You could always set it up on a stand, connect everything, and see if she'll start. If starts and runs, even after disconnecting the power, reconnecting, and trying again, then you don't need aftermarket tuning anyway.
I have only done these modern Hemis with all the factory security still connected in trucks. I have verified my truck won't run without the security module connected (WIN module I think it was calledcal my 2008).

Auto Transport Service
Back