• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

swapping interiors

Ben Simpkins

Local time
11:00 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1966 satellite with a red interior, I want to put in a black interior with white seats. does anybody have an idea what that would cost?

If you are going to paint the dash, get door and quarter cardboard carpet and seat skins. I am guessing that would be around 2,000.00. You could save some money by dying things.
Big job to do that. Wish you luck!

I have a 1966 satellite with a red interior, I want to put in a black interior with white seats. does anybody have an idea what that would cost?
I look at a car on a restoration basis as:
Body & Paint, Front End Trim, Rear End Trim, Chassis Rebuild, Engine Rebuild,
Transmission Rebuild, Brakes, Interior, Dash, Wiring, etc.
Just break the car down into sections, then it gets a lot easier.
On the interior examine and determine what can be reused then estimate prices on what you need and add them up. On a complete color change you are looking at:
Seat Covers, Carpet, Headliner, Door Panels, Package Tray, and Paint Work and Dye for Doors, Kick Panels etc. Then there is the Dash. Dash Pad or Dying if good, Color change on the Dash.
Depending on what labor you can do yourself will determine the price.
My guess materials and labor, you doing nothing.
Interior $2500
Dash $1800

What a can of worm's man I am just trying to put a runner back in black like it came and now at about 2 grand easy. Still have not gotten the back seat done yet. I mean all my door panels. Head liner. Sail panels. But did buy new bucket seat's. I will have at least 500 or so for carpet with the console carpet pieces also. Just painted my lower dash pad it was blue second hand. Herb's vinyl paint. Also got the TCP paint out of CA. for the dash 75 buck's A quart.

I'd budget 3K

2K for seat covers and another K plus a LOT of labor to dye or replace the rest.

Last edited:
It adds up quick!!!
That is why I really wish I could fix the few cracks in my seats, LOL!!

Auto Transport Service
Back