1. Rusty knuckles

Rusty knuckles Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:35 PM
    Can you folks tell me where these go on a front sway bar install on a 69 charger? I cannot figure it out from the directions.

20220513_162155.jpg

2. Sixpactogo

Sixpactogo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:35 PM
    I think that bracket is made for the lower control arm. Not entirely sure but if you are installing an aftermarket front sway bar on a car that didn't have one, you will need a bracket on the lower control arm. Here is a pic of the lower control arm with sway bar brackets installed from the factory.

100_6878.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Rusty knuckles

Rusty knuckles Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      1:35 PM
      That makes sense. My car had one and the new bar is in and seems to work right. Just couldn't figure out where these pieces went.

• 493 Mike

493 Mike FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      3:35 PM
      That bracket installs on the lower shock absorber attachment bolt and provides the attachment point for the bar end links. You might want longer lower shock bolts too. My 65 install with similar angle brackets just barely had enough thread to hold the nut locking portion.
      Mike

• Agree Agree x 1
      1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.