• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

swing outs

pwDave

Local time
10:07 AM
Reaction score
I had a roll bar put in my car about a year ago, when I had it put in I asked the installer if I could get a swing-out installed on the driver side, he said (quote, I don't do swing outs) alrighty then, in just the year since I am finding it very hard to get in and out of my car. I now find myself at a point that I am going to have to have a swing out to get in and out of the car. I looked at a set of hinges on another fellows car and I liked the way they were made, they were a weld in hinge on the lower part of the bar and was like a rifle bolt on the top, with about 3 1/2 inches sliding into the bar on the bottom, a small knob pulled up and slid to the side to open, to close just push the knob to the side an inch and a spring loaded solid bar inside the swing out part, pull to the side a inch to lock it, has anyone else seen one of these and if so where would a body find one???? Dave.

Theres 2 types.
Spend the extra money on the clevis type.
The ends drop into your existing bar and then weld.
I dont like the tab style.

I used the Clevis type when I built my roll bar. A few pictures.
These are from Bear's Performance. I put them on both sides. The passenger's side rarely gets used though so I doubt I would install on the right side again.
IMG_6234.PNG

In this picture I unbolted it with one bolt. For those times a guy doesn't need it or are getting in and out lots.
IMG_3063.JPG

Both sides are the same, zero restriction.
IMG_4783.JPG

Those are the ones I would recommend as well.
Malex got the best ones imo.

Auto Transport Service
Back