• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swiss 66 1/2 Satellite

4onthefloor

Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
Greatings from Switzerland to everybody.
My name is Marco and i live 25 mls from Basel Switzerland. I'm a car mechanic in a classic car
garage ( main cars Mercedes ). I started with Mopars when i was 16 years old, my dad's friend raced a 69 Barracuda in the 90's. I bought my Satellite from the first owner in 2003, it was a bone stock Poly 318 automatic. I drove it home, striped it, put in a stroked 440 and a 4 speed.
Three years ago, i gave the Satellite a new paint job and the 66 1/2 look (it's not a GTX clone).

Greatings Marco
Sat Redliner.jpg
DSCmopar.jpg
20160822_085522.jpg
20160822_085522.jpg

Welcome Marco and thanks for your post! It's hard enough to find parts here in the states, I don't know how you all do these restorations in other countries. Beautiful car!

Is your 4 speed a conversion kit like Brewer's or did you scrounge up parts?

I've been to Switzerland when I was stationed in Germany in 1984 and 85... I would love to come back some time... God Bless!

Nice, like the stripes and vinyl top and silver.
Thank you, it's the factory citron gold poly ZZ1, the interior is also factory gold poly, it was a lot of the same color, so i decided to put the vinyl top and the stripes on.

Welcome Marco and thanks for your post! It's hard enough to find parts here in the states, I don't know how you all do these restorations in other countries. Beautiful car!

Is your 4 speed a conversion kit like Brewer's or did you scrounge up parts?

I've been to Switzerland when I was stationed in Germany in 1984 and 85... I would love to come back some time... God Bless!

Thank you, the car was in a great shape when i bought it. I bought the tranny from my buddy, ordered a rebuild kit from brewer, the pedal assembly and bell housing.

We have a lot of Mopar's hanging around in Switzerland, you'll love it :)

Welcome to the site! My first car was a 66 Belvedere II back in 69 but was bought new by my sister. Uncle Sam got me in 71 and someone got my car. Have a 66 Belvedere 2dr post now but it's all apart and has been that way for way too long.....

Welcome to the site! My first car was a 66 Belvedere II back in 69 but was bought new by my sister. Uncle Sam got me in 71 and someone got my car. Have a 66 Belvedere 2dr post now but it's all apart and has been that way for way too long.....
I had the luck to keep my car all the time on the road, always digging in the dirt during the winter season ;-) go ahead and build it!

Thank you, it's the factory citron gold poly ZZ1, the interior is also factory gold poly, it was a lot of the same color, so i decided to put the vinyl top and the stripes on.
Couldn't tell for sure, reflection of grass had me thinking light green. My interior is gold. Friend has a gold on gold 66. Suggested he get a license plate AU-RUSH but he never did.

:welcome:Aboard. Looks like the drivers tire almost has light showing between the track and the bottom of the tire. Nice launch !

I had the luck to keep my car all the time on the road, always digging in the dirt during the winter season ;-) go ahead and build it!
Takes $$$$ which is scare these days.....

Auto Transport Service
Back