• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Switch location recommendation

diesel_lv

Local time
2:50 AM
Reaction score
I am installing a GearVendors o/d and it requires mounting a switch on the dash. I have a '67 Coronet and am not keen on cutting a hole in the dash. Any recommendations?

How about under the bottom edge of the dash, where the vent cables attach ?

It depends on how often do you think your going switch it on/off.

Back in the old days before cruise control was a factory add on we installed them and the on/ off switch clipped to the column shifter. Or micro switch at bottom dash

It depends on how often do you think your going switch it on/off.
I want to use it just like normal cruise control. Put the car in drive and it does it's thing. No on n off
Back in the old days before cruise control was a factory add on we installed them and the on/ off switch clipped to the column shifter. Or micro switch at bottom dash

GearVendor has their own special switch. Cutting into the harness to change the type of switch will void the warranty.

Make a bracket and mount it under the dash using an existing hole. Even if you drill a new hole it's not that big a deal since you are not keeping the car original.

Auto Transport Service
Back