• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

T-type Bumper Jack

Ed Martin

Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
What are you guys using for jacks? My original 68 Roadrunner jack broke a couple years ago. I have an old scissors jack if I need (rarely) in the garage. But I worry that in an emergency if I need on the road, what to use? I see Classic, Mega Parts, Ebay, etc. have new T-types for around $170. Are these any good? Is an original reproduction like these mainly for show or okay for occasional use?

What are you guys using for jacks? My original 68 Roadrunner jack broke a couple years ago. I have an old scissors jack if I need (rarely) in the garage. But I worry that in an emergency if I need on the road, what to use? I see Classic, Mega Parts, Ebay, etc. have new T-types for around $170. Are these any good? Is an original reproduction like these mainly for show or okay for occasional use?
If you can make it to a swap meet this summer, there are usually a ton of jacks for sale. If you start a wanted thread here someone may have one for you.

I would not want to use one of the original style jacks on my old car unless absolutely necessary. I think they were originally designed to bend the bumpers..... LOL

I would not want to use one of the original style jacks on my old car unless absolutely necessary. I think they were originally designed to bend the bumpers..... LOL
But they look great in the trunk! LOL

If you use the jack in the correct place there is never a problem , I've used the original many times they work great , I'd be more worried about a scissor jack

I keep a HF low profile aluminum floor jack and rubber mallet in a canvas bag in the trunk for tire changing. Just quicker and safer. Plus easier to help out others.

Auto Transport Service
Back