• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tach for 65 satellite

easyrider

Local time
11:06 AM
Reaction score
I am restoring a 1965 Plymouth Satellite and I am trying to restore the console with a tach. The block out plate looks like a 3 inch tach would fit. Can anyone tell me the dimensions for the tach and where I can purchase one? I would love to find a stock type tach, but will settle for a new tach. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Classic industries has the tach, you might need the consol maybe wire harness for the tach, or maybe wire it yourself. As fas as dimensions go, I'm clueless.

Well, if my 64 Polara console tach will fit, I am willing to give it up. Not planning on using console anymore and I would rather see it go to a good home. Worked when it was in the car. I will take a pic with dimensions tomorrow if your interested? I will see if I have the harness to.

Damn, you lucky bastard!!!!lol!!! Yeah I'm jealous!!!!!

I think it will fit and I am interested. Please PM me with photos and info. Thanks!!

Damn, you lucky bastard!!!!lol!!! Yeah I'm jealous!!!!!

Always willing to help a fellow Mopar guy on this site. Everyones been helpfull to me. Just paying it forward. Will have pics tomorrow.

Thats cool. It's nice to see this kind of thing happen, brings alot to the hobby and this forum.

In the chance another original tach. surfaces I would be interested.
Contact me through this site.
Great hookup.

Way Cool

Always willing to help a fellow Mopar guy on this site. Everyones been helpfull to me. Just paying it forward. Will have pics tomorrow.
X2!!!!! Would anyone be able to post some pix of the tach ? Like to see an original one to maybe help locate one.DK.

You guys tell me if this is original? Glass is a little dirty.

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

ninjapumkin,That is not a factory unit!It looks like a Sun or Sunpro now.Looked at the photo again!It is a knock off a Sun!

Classic industries re-pop tach...Part Number: # MB493

Darn it! Wasn't sure. Everything else in the car wasn't touched.

Thanks for the effort

Hey, guys,
Thanks for all the effort to try to make this happen. The hole in my console is the same, but I have a bezzle that reduces the tach down to 3 inches and I haven't been able to find a 3 inch tach. I do appreciate your help. Anyone else that has a solution to my problem, please let me know. Thanks again!

New to Me

I JUST bought this console and here is what it looks like.
Very hard to find so good luck

Attachments

• Fender tag 068b.jpg
    Fender tag 068b.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 358
  • P1020447.jpg
    P1020447.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 390
I'm Going Through The Same Scenario...Have A Useless Sun Tach That Goes From Zero To Redline In Two Seconds In Place Of The Old Clock In My Satellite. I'm Not Sure What Size Decent Looking Tach Will Fit There!

Replacement tach

I found a tach at O'Reilly's that looks like the stock tach, only thing is that it is 3 3/8 inches wide and I need a 3 inch tach. So, I am thinking of cutting a slot in the sides of the tach and using the stock bezzel. I bought the tach, but haven't gotten the nerve to cut it yet. I'll let you know if this works out! I was hoping to find a stock tach that I know is suppose to fit. Without the bezzel the 3 3/8 inch tach fits in the console hole, but the bezzel makes it look right.

Hey Guys I am in the same situation I have a 65 satellite I am looking for a stock tach or 1 that fits. If anouther 1 pops up I am interested also Thanks

Before purchasing one of those Classic Industries repop tachs check with them to see if it has provisions for the light inside, the ones that I have seen do not. You sure are not going to read your RPM's way down on the front of the console in the dark without an inner light source

Auto Transport Service
Back