• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tach Wire

Data Plate

Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
Where does the tach wire come through the firewall i can't locate mine. A picture would be great. That wire should go to the negative side of the coil right ?? I may need a new harness

Right here.

tach_grommett.JPG

Thanks so much exactly what i needed to see. So that gray line coming out goes to the neg side of coil ?

This is what i have looks like the hole in your firewall i don't have

IMG_7287.JPG

by chance any picture how the back is hooked uptime not good with electrical stuff and dont want to fry it

Top wire on the stud is 12 volt keyed blue wire.
Lower wire on the male spade is gray with a pink tracer.

100_1906crop.jpg

Thanks for the help you really helped me out i ordered a harness for the tach

i was looking at the picture didn't read the description sorry

Nora can you tell me which side in the rear of the the fuel gauge would i put power to to test the garage? If I'm sitting in the car looking at the gauge would it be the drivers side or passenger side post in the rear. THANKS

Nora can you tell me which side in the rear of the the fuel gauge would i put power to to test the garage? If I'm sitting in the car looking at the gauge would it be the drivers side or passenger side post in the rear. THANKS
Whoa. DO NOT PUT POWER. If you want to see if the gauge moves you need to ground the terminal i circled. You had better be careful as I see a smoke filled car in your future.

I was gonna test it on a bench out of the car i put a new sending unit in and the gauge is only moving little bit i have at least half a tank. Have a New sender and I'm getting a pulsing power to the sender terminal wire. I also grounded the sending unit at the sender plug and gauge didn't move which i thought meant the gauge is the problem ?/

Auto Transport Service
Back