• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tail panel red and textured argent grey

MoparMitch

Local time
3:57 AM
Reaction score
Can someone give me an idea, as to where I can find some 68RR tailpanel red paint and some textured argent grey for the grill. I do know that Totally Auto has some. Anyone else or anyone with experience on this two items would be great. I want these parts to look as original as possible . Thanks in advance.

If you get the color code for the red used in 68 a painters supply shop should be able to make it for you.

For the argent check out this link

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=3046730

I also seem to remember that there was a way or fomula for a painters supply shop to make the argent as well, but it's been a while since I read about it. Google it.

Hey 68...for the life of me I can't remember the name of the red that I used on my 68 GTX panel...but here's a thread for ya...these guys say that Rust-oleum Burgundy #7768 is the ticket for the red.

For the tail panel I would suggest looking at Dupli-Color; their "Metal Specks" line. I found a very very close match for the trim on my 70 tail light bezels...MS 200 Sparkle Silver. If I recall the 68 shade is a little darker, but they had a few different shades of gray/silver to pick from.

For the grille, Eastwood makes a rallye wheel argent silver in a rattle can that is as close as I've seen...got a can in the shop if you need me to get a number off it.
Edit; I was looking at this again today and it may be a little on the light side, not quite dark enough....

Here's the liink for the "red thread"..LOL

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads...&Main=6068062&Words=+Spike&topic=&Search=true

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back