• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tail stripe install

pnora

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
On a 69 Charger does any one have some measurements as to where the bumblebee stripe goes. I have some ideas on parts of it like the center of the stripe at the side marker and the lettering centered on the body line. I just would like some trunk lid lip to stripe in a couple points and maybe the upper quarter end to stripe. I just feel more comfortable knowing these for reference as I lay the stripe out. Thanks.

No one? I found what the factory shows for a 68. I am sure there is one for a 69 but I can't find it.

Having recently had a pro install my tail stripe, all I can say is get someone knowledgeable to do it. The vinyl of the ebay kits is really horrible to work it, it doesn't flex much even with a heat gun. The way he did it was to align the stripe to the middle of the side marker and work his way up. Once the sides are done, then you have your references for the boot lid. These might help

I know that guy and his helper is pretty hot too! And to think we can't hang wallpaper together...

Thanks. I pretty much know how to do it. Was hoping to get some measurements or the original factory drawing.

Thanks. I pretty much know how to do it. Was hoping to get some measurements or the original factory drawing.
Sorry can't help with Charger dimensions. I'm finding a hard time believing there's nobody willing to measure their car though...

David Patik supplied dimensions with his decals, although even those I tweaked to sit how I liked it.

Sorry can't help with Charger dimensions. I'm finding a hard time believing there's nobody willing to measure their car though...

David Patik supplied dimensions with his decals, although even those I tweaked to sit how I liked it.
I laid the 3 pieces out and centered over the side marker. As it rounds over the quarter has me on edge. The most likely will lay better once the backing is off and they are sticking down. Reference measurements at the top of the quarter and a couple along the trunk would help me feel more confidant.

Hope this helps, starting from right to left

PXL_20210614_080604139.MP_compress97.jpg PXL_20210614_080620847_compress89.jpg PXL_20210614_080711075_compress21.jpg PXL_20210614_080653027_compress38.jpg PXL_20210614_080711075_compress21.jpg PXL_20210614_080718877_compress9.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back