• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taylor Hawkins won’t be down for breakfast

And yet Keith Richards remains... at 103!
37C3DBB1-D42B-4C4B-8C01-2663C7B5D76B.png

So sad, Im a big fan. Dave Grohl will have a long search trying to find another drummer. RiP Taylor
Dave might end up on the chair at the back again.

RIP Taylor. :( So sad and so soon after announcing a two-show tour here in NZ in December. It would be one of the few gigs that I would bother going to nowadays.

(Edited date of tour in NZ)

Last edited:
I can't even think of 1 song Foo Fighters did
albeit I do recognize the name at least...

RIP Taylor

We used to play this when we played out. Great tune!

Oh dear... as now being reported on several news wires:

"Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins had 10 different substances in his system when he died,
Colombia's attorney general said Saturday in a statement.
Hawkins, 50, was found dead in his hotel room in Bogotá on Friday night, shortly before the band
was set to perform in the capital city.

Among the drugs found by a urine toxicological test performed by officials were marijuana, opioids,
tricyclic antidepressants and benzodiazepines, the statement said.
An exact cause of death was not announced, and the National Institute of Forensic Medicine continues
to investigate, the attorney general said.

Local health officials said Saturday that Bogotá's emergency regulatory center had received a report
of a patient with chest pain Friday night. Health officials responding to the scene performed the respective
resuscitation maneuvers, but they were unsuccessful and the patient died.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/taylor...he-time-of-his-death-colombian-officials-say/

Between their music and their videos, he (they) brought enjoyment to a lot of people. RIP Taylor.

Damn shame, but so many creative people fall into that death spiral.

He was from Dream Theater years ago, anyways. Great drummer nonetheless...
But my vote for "best of all time" rock drummer goes to both Portnoy's and Taylor's oft-stated hero: Neal Peart.

I agree completely, Ed. But Neil is unfortunately no longer "in the business"...R.I.P. No one will ever compare to Neil. So, from who remains on planet Earth... Portnoy.

I agree completely, Ed. But Neil is unfortunately no longer "in the business"...R.I.P. No one will ever compare to Neil. So, from who remains on planet Earth... Portnoy.
Can't say I can argue with that at all.
Sure, there's more technical players and certainly more flashier/faster - but Mike has a drummers' soul
to him. He's got natural rhythm and the swing/groove is built-in. He's truly gifted.

Auto Transport Service
Back