• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TCI Transmissions

dmoore

Mopar to the end
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
Anyone here dealt with TCI Transmissions? Purchased?

TCI Street Fifgter in my car since 2013, no problems except for leaky neutral safety switch which is no fault of the trans.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Put a TCI TH400 behind a built 454 in a 41 Chevy coupe about 20 years ago. Held up fine and had no issues at all.

TCI Street Fifgter in my car since 2013, no problems except for leaky neutral safety switch which is no fault of the trans.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

How are your shifts? In and out of gear?

I have a Super Street Fighter in a street strip Dart, automatic valve body foot braking it behind two different engines, a 446 running 10.70s for 350 runs and a couple thousand street miles and a 512 that ran 9.8, but we ran it at around 10.1 for another 250 runs and a couple thousand more miles, Never had any problems, I’m going to have it gone through now and maybe add a trans brake.

Under normal street driving is the shifting firmer than stock? too harsh?

It’s firmer for sure, quicker, but not harsh. Mine was a Super Street Fighter without manual valve body.

How are your shifts? In and out of gear?
Had to do some linkage adjustments to my liking, easy peas. Go to the FSM. For adjustments ang go from there. Hope this helps.

Auto Transport Service
Back