Technical Question -- '78 Cordoba ball joints.

1975 - 1979 Mopars

1. Cordobafication

Cordobafication New Member

Local Time:
    11:23 AM
    Hey guys,

It's wintertime here in the northeast and I figured that it's about time I start working the kinks of my front suspension out. One of the major issues that I ran into regarding the car are the ball joints.

I'll be honest -- I'm a young punk and I've never changed the ball joints of my Cordoba before. I've been told regular lowers, threaded uppers, or threaded lowers and regular uppers and everything which way from Sunday.

So gentlemen -- I was curious -- since my older brother (who has much more mechanical experience than I do, but is really more of a Ford man than a MoPar kind of guy), I figured I'd ask you guys what the real story is on Cordoba ball joints? :parts book:

If it helps, it's a California-model Cordoba S, "J"-code 360.

Thanks for the help guys!!!

:the penguin:

(Also note: I may have some Cordoba parts for sale in the near future -- I'll keep you guys posted. They're in pretty nice shape.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. dryheat

dryheat FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    9:23 AM
    Never worked on a Cordoba but that has never stopped me from offering advise before.

The uppers are screwed in (Moog K772) and the lowers are pressed in (Moog K7069).

The upper will use the 1 59/64 ball joint socket and are a difficult but not impossible task.

• Like Like x 1
    • WP29440SE

WP29440SE Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      9:23 AM
      dryheat is 100% correct. i did mine without any special tools or presses. it was really easy

• Ominous

Ominous Member

Local Time:
      10:23 AM
      I'll take any parts you got, when your ready of course.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.