• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ted Janak: passing onto the winged heaven.....

1969daytona

Local time
5:09 AM
Reaction score
Operation Aero HEAVEN bound;
It is with a sad heart I have to report the passing of Ted Janak. Dave B. mentioned this news to me a few days ago and since then, I have been in communication with his son Grant, who has been pretty much the hands-on technician with his Dad's business.. As soon as I get more information I will pass it along.. As it sits now, to honor Ted and his lifelong passion and commitment to the restoration of Winged AeroCars, I'll take my Daytona to the service. I reached out to Julius and he may bring his Superbird. Would be great to have both versions there.. Grant initially as stated he will, once the dust settles, carry on his Dad's legacy...

He and I would talk on the phone numerous times; me calling him, he calling me just to check up on each other talking Mopar, family and about our Christian faith. Ted is a true believer in Jesus Christ. He coached me on numerous things from a Biblical direction, something of which I will forever remember.

Ted's vision along with his family dedication made the parts that put many many many winged warriors back on the road or made winged aero dreams come true with replicas..

God speed Ted and God comfort and support to his family.

Rest In Peace Ted. Wings for a Wingman. Clean Air.

Last edited:
That’s so sad,worked with Ted in the eighties on a six pack bird and his Hemi bird. What a good hard working guy.well miss him.God speed Ted

RIP Ted.

It's a sad thing.Truth be known none of us are getting younger in this hobby.When I hear about Mopar Men passing I have hopes that they have a big bench race going on up there....:)

R.I.P.

me and my brother are putting together one of his noses
that was made in the 90's
bought it from a guy who abandoned his project
its really close to being ready to mount on the car.
I met Ted once and it was obvious he loved to talk about cars
a really nice guy
RIP:praying:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the input.. I'm going to pass along comments to the family soon.... Going to the memorial today with my Daytona to honor him...……….. Still can't believe he is gone...…..

Wow so sad but Glad He left this world knowing Jesus Christ as his Saviour and now is in Heaven. Talked to him many times after I bought the Superbird conversion kit. Wonderful Man. My Condolences to the family. God Bless

Auto Transport Service
Back