• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Temporary SB in BB car

YY1

Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
I have a 5th Ave donor car for the disk brakes to put on my 66 Coronet. It has a great running 318/904 in it.

My 383/727 has been sitting since 1974. My plan is to build a 400, and keep the original 383 mothballed.

I am thinking about putting the 318 in the Coronet so I can drive it to get the other bugs out, install and test the brake setup, and get back and forth to the body shop.

This will also allow me to dispose of the 5th Ave carcass.

Can I use the motor mounts from the 5th Ave on my BB K frame?

What else am I going to run into?

PS This forum is GREAT. Lots of good info and very active. I like that in a forum.

I can't answer your motor mount question, but I can tell you that your driveshaft from the 66 car with 727 trans will be too short for the 904 trans.

HMM, DK if it is really a 904, now that I think about it. Not that familliar w/ 5th Ave.
Do know it's a lock up converter.

I've got the 5Th Ave driveshaft and one out of a circa 75 Coronet 4 door.
One of those should work, and if not, there's a driveshaft shop about 5 min from my house.

Where in FL are you? The mounts from the 5th ave will not work in your coronet as they are the spool style. The brackets you need should be pretty easy to find as all 66-72 B bodies and 70-74 E bodies will work, I even think 67-72 A bodies will work, but they need to be from a 318 only.

I'm near Lakeland.

Are we talking about the part that bolts to the K frame or to the block?

...and yes, I know Rager.

I'm near Lakeland.

Are we talking about the part that bolts to the K frame or to the block?

...and yes, I know Rager.

To the block, all V-8 K members are the same except for a Hemi. One other thing you may need would be a kick down linkage. Does that 5th ave have a one or three piece linkage? You will need a three piece in that b body.

Auto Transport Service
Back