• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tennessee just got more appealing!

69a100

Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
I'm sure some crank wad will come along, taint this and make this go political on a non-political topic common sense law!
This is just a common sense law that should never have to be enacted in any state. Let alone having to be protected for being a good Samaritan and just trying to be helpful and saving a life!!

https://law.justia.com/codes/tennessee/2010/title-63/chapter-6/part-2/63-6-218

I thought the subject would be more like this....

2243343772_7a7b1a2212_z.jpg

This is just a common sense law that should never have to be enacted in any state. Let alone having to be protected for being a good Samaritan and just trying to be helpful and saving a life!!

Agreed, but we live in a litigious society unfortunately.

I’m sure someone got sued trying to help and gave CPR to someone who was too far gone, didn’t do it quite right or something like that. Maine has this law already. But you’re absolutely correct, shouldn’t need to be on the books! Common sense should prevail here, however, common sense isn’t so common anymore!

I’m sure someone got sued trying to help

Yep...........there's been several cases over the years, many states have the "Good Samaritan" law.

I'm an EMT-B and I have a tendency to stop and help when needed, I'm glad for the law personally. We have the same here.

This is better than nothing, but everything seems to involve lawyers. The law you linked states (bold is mine):
"...shall not be liable to such victims or persons receiving emergency care for any civil damages as a result of any act or omission by such person in rendering the emergency care, or as a result of any act or failure to act to provide or arrange for further medical treatment or care for the injured person, except such damages as may result from the gross negligence of the person rendering such emergency care"

The unfortunate truth is that in many cases a lawyer can use that clause and still sue the person who was trying to help. However, it at least raises the bar on what they need to prove...

I can see this happening!
I'd really like to help you out, but I don't wantta get sued so I'll just stand here and watch you bleed out! Unreal!

Tennessee is tops on my list for the states I'm considering to relocate.
The Wife and I have been checking Zillow listings since late December. One recently popped up....a closed school campus on 43 acres for $299,000 ! My first thought was how HUGE the gymnasiums were and what a great shop it would make. NO problem fitting a 2 post car lift. Plenty of electrical outlets, a self contained heating and A/C system too. We are not ready to bail out of here yet though, I have about a year left to go at a minimum.

Going to be moving from nj to TN in the near future. My wife and I are landlords [ can't do it in nj due to laws which will keep a non paying tenant in for a year without paying]. The area we have zeroed in on is the Maryville ,TN area just south of Knoxville or almost anywhere in Blount county .You got to get in soon because although taxes are still stupid dirt cheap home prices are on the move. a 3 bed/2 bath on a half acre can be had for 130k ish with taxes of about$ 575 a year outside of the city. People are friendly and conservative [the best part for me].

Last edited:
Going to be moving from nj to TN in the near future. My wife and I are landlords [ can't do it in nj due to laws which will keep a non paying tenant in for a year without paying]. The area we have zeroed in on a the Maryville ,TN area just south of Knoxville or almost anywhere in Blount county .You got to get in soon because although taxes are still stupid dirt cheap home prices are on the move. a 3 bed/2 bath on a half acre can be had for 130k ish with taxes of about$ 575 a year outside of the city. People are friendly and conservative [the best part for me].
Good deal! We need conservatives to move from blue states into red states where their vote still counts!

Tennessee is tops on my list for the states I'm considering to relocate.
The Wife and I have been checking Zillow listings since late December. One recently popped up....a closed school campus on 43 acres for $299,000 ! My first thought was how HUGE the gymnasiums were and what a great shop it would make. NO problem fitting a 2 post car lift. Plenty of electrical outlets, a self contained heating and A/C system too. We are not ready to bail out of here yet though, I have about a year left to go at a minimum.
Agree with TN! Just be ready. It will be here before you know it. If you move before the 2020 election, you can cast your vote in a state where it counts!

A bigger problem.
If Leno included "Who was The Good Samaritan?" in Jaywalking , how many people could people correctly answer the question without Google?

Blount county (pronounced blunt) is nice. Just south of there is US 129 aka The Dragon. 11 miles of two lane mountain road with no side roads. 318 curves in 11 miles. And these are hairpin turns where you can see where you are going and where you have been.
Very crowded on weekends.
I have friends in Knoxville (and my ex and her mom). I get there once or twice a year.

Auto Transport Service
Back