• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texas dream

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
As I have been posting for the last few months about packing up and moving to Texas, our dream has come to a grinding halt.

We got a realtor for selling our house in Commiefornia, and found a realtor in Texas. The gal here in Commiefornia is great to work with and we signed all the paperwork, got the house listed, was ready to get some inspections done, then the lender tossed a wrench into our gears. Ughhhhh!!

He said credit is great, down payment is fine, but the underwriter needs a letter from my wife’s employer saying that she will still have her current job/salary/title while working remotely in Texas. No biggie, she’s been working remotely since Covid started and Commiefornia shut the state down. It’s been 2 years.

She has approval to work remotely and so we thought this “letter” would be easy peasy. Wrong!!

She told her boss what was going on, why we wanted to move and asked for that letter to give to the lender. He said that he didn’t have a problem with it, however, HR would need to do this and final approval from one of the “owners”. She works for a winery as the purchasing agent snd in the past 2 years since she’s been there, she has saved the winery $1.5 Million dollars!!

This was 4 weeks ago that she asked. The “owner” that handles this stuff took his sweet *** time. Then we find out yesterday that he said “with the purchase of 2 new storage facilities that are going to happen (soon) that he needs my wife to be local. He didn’t give a time frame as to when or exactly why my wife needs to be here.

We had to cancel the home inspections weeks ago as we were waiting to hear back. Now we can’t move due to this guy saying she needs to be here. Doesn’t make any sense to me, but I don’t know all of what is going on at the winery and neither does my wife. And without that letter, we can’t get the loan.

Could she quit and find a job doing the same thing in Texas, yup! But now employment history has to start over and the lender said it may or may not make a difference with the underwriter. I can’t sell this house and put our lives on the table with this bet. I don’t want to move, rent a house for sometime and then move again. It’s a pain do that.

So we are stuck in Commiefornia, paying high taxes, fuel, food, clothing, water, electricity, natural gas and buying stuff that we need/want or desire.

I’m bummed out!

So how’s your day going??

I’m bummed out!

That does suck.
Don't give up, tenacity is your friend!
I have no illusions of getting off Long Island never mind out of NYS!
(Too many ties/responsibilities)

Don't know if this will apply to your situation or not. We had issues about changing jobs when we bought our house. Underwriting said it didn't matter as much about changing of companies, but more of doing the same line of work. Cari is/ was a nurse aide, and they tend to bounce around. Underwriters didn't care that she had changed jobs within 3 months, but that she had been doing the same line of work for years.

It ain't 2019 anymore either
getting loans/interest rates are going up quickly now

sorry to hear it messed your plan up

That sucks. I bought the place I'm in now before my old one sold but everything was based on my income and not my wife's too. I was sweating bullets for a bit though because I had a mortgage on the old place and now the new place plus had a couple of storage buildings with cars and most of my tools etc in them since the new place didn't have a garage yet. I think I got the approval because the housing industry was coming off a slump plus I got the new place a bit on the cheap side and was making decent money. Luckily, the old house sold a couple of months later....

Last edited:
Update!!!!!!!

Since we were last told by my wife’s employer that they want her local, I decided to build another shed to get the stuff out of the garage, got my foundation formed, and I was just about to call the cement company to get a U-cart, my wife says they are going to give her the letter we need for the lender! Hot ****!!

We just got the letter on Tuesday!! Called the realtor back, resigned the listing documents and we will have pics taken next Friday.

So we are back on to moving to Texas. We are stoked!!

Last edited:
Update!!!!!!!

Since we were last told by my wife’s employer that they want her local, I decided to build another shed to get the stuff out of the garage, got my foundation formed, and I was just about to call the cement company to get a U-cart, my wife says they are going to give her the letter we need for the lender! Hot ****!!

We just got the letter on Tuesday!! Called the realtor back, resigned the listing documents and we will have pics taken next Friday.

So we are back on to moving to Texas. We are stoked!!
Cool! So, are y'all still heading to the hill country?

Either that or Forney/Rock Wall area.

I was about to give you my wise and sage counsel for which most would be paying $1500 an hour. But then I read your update so no need. For free I’m just going to say Hot **** is right!!! Congrats!!

I’m right behind you but still haven’t found my “best I can do” location. But it’s going to happen - you can bet your *** on that!

Find a mortgage lender in Texas where you are looking to buy. They deal with multiple co.
Whether your wife would be requred to already have a job lined up in Tx. no doubt depends on all the figures and ratios!!!
My wife has done rural r/e 14 years, we are here in S E Texas. She is a kind soul that I am sure would be glad to talk to you if you need her help.

We got a lender in Texas. The letter just needed to say that by moving to Texas, she’d still be employed as she currently is along with no salary decrease. We got that. It’s all good. Appreciate the offer.

You lucky bastard! Escape plan in full motion - continued same employment - no cut in $$. Well you‘ve done more than your time in this full combat zone - Think of this as a lifetime of R&R. I’m on your heels as soon as I can be satisfied with where. Of course your wife is totally on board - where mine has no desire to leave. She‘s from Saigon and her and her family have seen and lived way worse - but she doesn’t quite get how a true life long American patriot feels in this time of war here. She is however a huge patriot from her 20 years here. After all her father fought along side and with the US Army and was even on the payroll for nine years during. Afterwards the US put him on a chopper on the embassy - but he refused to leave his wife and 4 young children. That cost him 2 years of torture in the Tay Ninh ”re-education camp”. So she gets it - but she doesn‘t get it the same way I do in terms of wanting out of here. So I’m also dealing with that and its making things more difficult.

But for you and family - God Bless - God Speed - and a full Congrats!!

Forty three years ago I decided I would leave rural Ga. come Hell or high water. I had decided on Mo. Wife and mad another trip there and bought 40 ac with an old farmhouse, made the down. Next year I sold what I had in Ga. and moved to Mo. No job. No relatives there. Nothing. Not a lot of $ in our pocket either.

We got our house listed (Commiefornia) been up for sale for 1 day, this past Sunday, have a sucker, excuse me, potential buyer, coming tomorrow to look at the house.

As I have been posting for the last few months about packing up and moving to Texas, our dream has come to a grinding halt.

We got a realtor for selling our house in Commiefornia, and found a realtor in Texas. The gal here in Commiefornia is great to work with and we signed all the paperwork, got the house listed, was ready to get some inspections done, then the lender tossed a wrench into our gears. Ughhhhh!!

He said credit is great, down payment is fine, but the underwriter needs a letter from my wife’s employer saying that she will still have her current job/salary/title while working remotely in Texas. No biggie, she’s been working remotely since Covid started and Commiefornia shut the state down. It’s been 2 years.

She has approval to work remotely and so we thought this “letter” would be easy peasy. Wrong!!

She told her boss what was going on, why we wanted to move and asked for that letter to give to the lender. He said that he didn’t have a problem with it, however, HR would need to do this and final approval from one of the “owners”. She works for a winery as the purchasing agent snd in the past 2 years since she’s been there, she has saved the winery $1.5 Million dollars!!

This was 4 weeks ago that she asked. The “owner” that handles this stuff took his sweet *** time. Then we find out yesterday that he said “with the purchase of 2 new storage facilities that are going to happen (soon) that he needs my wife to be local. He didn’t give a time frame as to when or exactly why my wife needs to be here.

We had to cancel the home inspections weeks ago as we were waiting to hear back. Now we can’t move due to this guy saying she needs to be here. Doesn’t make any sense to me, but I don’t know all of what is going on at the winery and neither does my wife. And without that letter, we can’t get the loan.

Could she quit and find a job doing the same thing in Texas, yup! But now employment history has to start over and the lender said it may or may not make a difference with the underwriter. I can’t sell this house and put our lives on the table with this bet. I don’t want to move, rent a house for sometime and then move again. It’s a pain do that.

So we are stuck in Commiefornia, paying high taxes, fuel, food, clothing, water, electricity, natural gas and buying stuff that we need/want or desire.

I’m bummed out!

I have had some experience with this and there some "gotchya's" to be aware of. The biggest is that if the company you work for does not already have a presence/operation in the state you want to move to the company can be liable for payroll taxes and insurance rates in that state. Many companies who promote remote work do so only if you will he working in their home state.
I do know some who moved to other states and have not told their employer, but most of the time it is somewhere that they can catch a short flight back if the need arises.

Either that or Forney/Rock Wall area.
Just so you are aware the Austin/Hill Country area is now becoming California east. My sister and her husband moved the Austin 2 years ago and couldn't stand it. Decided to move to get away from Austin, moved to Dripping Springs area in a nice subdivision with 32 homes, 21 residence's are from Cali. I am originally from the Dallas area but haven't lived there for 20 years. Went back for a birthday celebration and it was unrecognizable, traffic was at least as bad as LA if not worse. I think the west side of Ft. Worth towards Weatherford is a great location. All the amenities and out of all the traffic. Prices are very doable. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Any lender will require a document stating that the “employee” will still have their job/title/salary if they move out of state and work remotely. That’s a given. We have that, and I’ve read that Commiefornia payroll taxes could and could not be deducted from my wife’s paycheck. Still looking into that.

No spots that are liberal, we are avoiding that, so Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, are OUT!

Auto Transport Service
Back