• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texas vehicle registration

i've been watching the cleveland area , and home prices where dropping there , why ?

I don’t know.

i've been watching the cleveland area , and home prices where dropping there , why ?
They’re going to be dropping everywhere soon. Too far too fast and rising interest rates. Not necessarily reflective of Cleveland but many of these ”gold strike” areas like the insanity going on in the Treasure Valley, Idaho. Boise area and many like it. They simply don’t have a sustaining economy to support that kind of stupid housing market. There are a number of areas just like that. Colorado Springs is another one. The gravity rule of physics is still alive and well.

As far as TX I looked at that very closely too - I have some family there. I was looking in the Hill Country - but far enough away from Austin to still be people of like mind etc. Then I discovered the property tax situation there and the beyond ridiculous Homestead Exemption - I dropped that idea quickly on the property tax issue alone. No state income tax doesn't pencil out for me. The Homestead Exemption is almost non-existent at least where I was looking. CA is that never changing gratuitous $7k - TX was just as bad. ID it’s $125k and CO it‘s also well in excess of a $100k. That kind of thing makes a difference to me. Especially with these ridiculous prices. I’ll be out of this sewer too as soon as I can feel reasonable sure about where to lock and load.

We are still looking. We do like East Texas, we are tired of the “brown color”, it’d be real nice to see “green” for a change. Tyler, Lufkin area is nice, Weatherford too. But I do t want to be in Houston or the border area.
Lived in the Houston area for close to 10
years. Summers are hot, and humid enough
to keep your t-shirt soaked. Traffic is
deplorable, especially on holidays and times
of hurricane evacuations. I will say though,
I have yet to meet a Texan that didn't believe
in independence, or love of God and country.
They're rightfully a proud bunch.

We are now looking at Decatur area and Forney/Rock Wall.

Texas is full....move along.. LOL
Texas land is not cheap especially in Hill Country. If you have to ask about property taxes there, you can't afford it, even IF you are from Ca.!! LOL
Back in ole Missouri, IF you are selling land there, you have two choices. Sell to a local for what its worth, or find an out of state buyer and get it for twice whats its worth! LOL... No really!

I hope I’m not late to the party.

I grow up in the Brock, Weatherford area, pretty nice place. Mineral wells was a nice town, until it was abandoned in the 70s, but it’s coming back. I live in a real small town, Gordon, beautiful town. I’d recommend Parker or Palo pinto county.

Decatur is great, as a bonus you’re next to one of the greatest swap meets!

Weatherford rural propert is high end, espially since the horse deal there takes over. Mineral Wells rural property still high to me, but I came out of Missouri.
Whats high in Tx is cheap to those selling out in Ca.
Most of the $ people laugh at MO., Ar., Ks. etc. I can buy rural land in rural Mo., for what Tx.people pay in sales tax!!!!!

Being a Disabled Veteran with a 100% rating, I pay ZERO property taxes. However, Commiefornia is a sliding scale and takes into account how much money you make, so I get the basic exemption of $149000.
I believe Texas has a similar deal for disabled vets, you should try contacting a VA in rep in Tx...

I believe Texas has a similar deal for disabled vets, you should try contacting a VA in rep in Tx...
Yeah Texas does and you just need to take your VA rating letter to the local county tax office and they will update the records.

If you have a VA rating above 0% it scales based on property taxes in Texas. So 20% gets X% off of property taxes and so and so forth up to a 100% VA rating where you don't pay any property taxes.

Florida is very similar as well except you have to be 100% P&T before you get a property tax break and at which you pay $0. Both states are awesome for vets.

I did look into that before deciding on Texas. I do have 100% P&T. Good to go!

Auto Transport Service
Back