• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TF727 question

Bens69PlymouthSatellite

Local time
10:07 AM
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding stupid,I have a tci 727 trans I am putting in my car and on the base of the bellhousing there is a silver plug with 3 connectors on it and I'm not entirely sure what it is for my guess would possibly be a shifter seloinoid, but I'm not sure because I've never installed one before, if anyone knows your info would be much appreciated my trans guy has only built ford and chevy transmissions(booo), so if any one could help that would be cool!

Neutral Safety Switch. Allows the starter to work in neutral and park only, and works the backup lights.

Is a 727 neutral safety switch hard to fix?

Well my neutral safety switch was broken when I received my trans and rather than send it back I was gonna just change it,is it complicted? And would I be better off just returning it for another one? Because returning it will take at least a month to get a new one and I'm tryin to get this car done a.s.a.p if anyone has any info or diagrams on how to change it it would be greatly appreciated, u have all been a very big help and as far as I'm concerned all of u have helped me with this car more than anyone,my mechanics are kinda bailing on me,so I'm gonna be on my own with this project, so thanks again to all of u!

No hard at all Ben

You will need to unplug the rubber conection on the old part, just pull it off, then you get the correct size deep socket or you can use an adjustable but its kind if a pain if the tranny is on the car, unscre/unbolt the old one and be ready to put the new one on quickly as tranny fluid will leek out on you unless you have drained the tranny previously.:black_eye: then screw the new one into place, reattach the wire connector, by just pushing back on the three prong end and wala you are good to go.:yes:the new one will have a thin metal gasket that will seat and seal the unit from leaks, make sure you get it snug and check later for leaks. Best Wishes, Clay Dots

By the way

they :yes:are are inexpensive and can be picked up at just about any parts store

the trans is brand new and not even close to being put in the car,Im still doing alot of work to the car before this new trans is going in,so if u just spent 1200 $ on a new trans opened it up and bam! the neutral safety switch is broke,would u send it back or just say screw it and change the switch,I had alot of people suggest the tci trans cuz the quality is excellent for the price,but it worries me that if thats screwed up on it should i take the risk of anything else being screwed up,what would u do?I guess im just kinda pissed that i spent all this $ and i expected a perfect trans.

How about take a picture of the broken part and send it (E-mail it) to TCI. I am sure thay will make it good.

At the risk of sounding stupid,I have a tci 727 trans I am putting in my car and on the base of the bellhousing there is a silver plug with 3 connectors on it and I'm not entirely sure what it is for my guess would possibly be a shifter seloinoid, but I'm not sure because I've never installed one before, if anyone knows your info would be much appreciated my trans guy has only built ford and chevy transmissions(booo), so if any one could help that would be cool!

That is the the neutral safety switch. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have on that.

-Cameron
TCI Auto

That is the the neutral safety switch. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have on that.

-Cameron
TCI Auto

Welcome aboard.
Now, about that Mustang problem you have...:rolling:

LOL, just joking around. :tongueflap:
Enjoy the site.

I would hate to ship it back and have to wait for them to replace it and ship it back, .................it's too simple of a task to change it.

Just call them and tell them it arrived with the switch broken. Maybe they'll send you a new one.

I think I will tackle the problem!

Although I am no mechanic yet,that task seems easy enough,I would rather replace a 12$ part than wait a month before i get a new trans,mopar makes the replacement switch which should work fine right?I kinda dont like fords only because my family has worked for them and driven them and both,didnt work for them,the ford plant and vehicles have been a big issue with us,plus the local racing circuit ford guys are D-bags,I respect the power of the mustang,but id rather push a mopar than drive a ford,thanks to all of u U R all very helpful,sorry if I offended any ford guys.

Very Minor issue

Ten dollar part, ten minute job, than your frustrations are over. Dont sweat the small stuff. TCI will do you right. best wishes :yes:

Thanks again!

All of u on here are the most helpful people involved with this car so far,like I said my so called mechanics talk more than act, so I need all the help I can get,Im not a mechanic yet but I know my way around an engine pretty well,and im definently mechanically inclined,if any of u are ever in the Hammond region,hit me up and ill be glad to show u the beast u all contributed to helping me build.

is tci auto superstang with the company? if so i,d contact him and see what he has to say

I'm definitely willing to help. I would like to see a picture if possible. PM me please I will get you give you my email address.

thanks superstang2

that would be awesome i will give u my email too,its always nice to have extra help,especially since im a beginner.

Auto Transport Service
Back