• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the 72 rallye charger is mine now

Bb70charger500

Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
Well guys I finely bought the 1972 rallye charger 340 mag car that was for sale here in fl. It is a factory gold car with white with black insert s on the interior, colum shift auto rallye gauge clusters 150 Speedo and a buddy seat . Now the plan for this car is , get a set of hideaways ( done) order a 4 speed conversion kit (done) order all the needed metal (done) order the interior black (not done yet) order paint orange(getting there this week) I ordered the go wing and I'm looking for a window louver for it
Now for a bit of details the org nom motor is in it but has a little bit done to it org forged crank ,after market forged rods and pistons (10.5to 1) org heads modified to match 70 specs but with a nice port and polished done
Big *** cam specs are in my paper work, 7 qourt pan 1.5 roller rockers intake 850 double plumper Booker header8mm wires accl coil and the dist looks stock but there was a modification done to it .I'll get some pics tonight for you guys

Will watch for progress. Maybe you'll give me some ideas for my 72 rallye.

Thanks guys it will be interesting since I also have a 74 s.e. sunroof car that's getting done also so I need to pick witch one to start with and witch one to store till later

View attachment 236766 00i0i_eflrnJHH3kI_600x450-1 (1).jpgView attachment 23676800J0J_1kdauFZ2LFI_600x450 (1).jpg00r0r_hsaHqd9TpQD_600x450.jpgView attachment 23677100909_f1vOF4CGAWn_600x450 (1).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

c2.jpgc3.jpgc4.jpgc5.jpgIMAG0545_BURST002.jpgIMAG0546_BURST002.jpgIMAG0547_BURST002.jpgIMAG0550_BURST002.jpgIMAG0548_BURST001.jpgIMAG0551_BURST001.jpgIMAG0552_BURST002.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

ok here are some pics its a decent car has the org window sticker and the order form from the org owner when they went to the dealer to order it it does have its fender tag but i guess the biuld sheet didnt make it but ay window sticker and order form works

- - - Updated - - -

one more thing has anyone seen the front trim on the lower front valance? 3rd pic up ive never seen one with this trim.

Chargerzz

THat is an awesome car combo! Love the ralleye doors and rear R/T taillites and the hideaway lites will be awesome too! Tuff wheel and ralleye gauges are sweet with the 340! Cool find! Here's apic of my '71 Charger which also has that front trim you are talking about, I've never seen until I saw yours now too! Mine is a plain jane car too some unsure what package that came with..

Attachments

• IMG_4413.JPG
    IMG_4413.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 801
That's cool any one know about that trim my car was ordered late 71 maybe a 71 thing ?

I'll have to look when I get home and see if my 72 rallye has that trim. I see yours has about the same options that mine has except yours has the 340 and mine came with a 400. not sure what my gear ratio is. Will also have to check the build sequence to see how close it is to yours. It would be cool if they came down the line behind each other.

That would be cool here's my sequence number 135299

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and it was lynch road Detroit

Mine was built there as well. when I talk to the wife tonight, i'm going to have her look at the numbers for me.

Nice ride....I like the grill that is on there now (I know its not my car) . The color is cool... and my 72 SE does not have the front trim but has the holes for the trim.....and I have seen it on a few other cars. Again nice ride

The grille 's and trans will be put up for sale once there pulled grilles are nice the trans is a small block 727 2800 stall and a shift kit only about 2000 miles on the stuff also don't need the kick down stuff pm if you need any of the stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Also the buddy seat

COOL ride buddy! I do hope you have a great time with it!!! Love the color combo any combo with these sleek looking Chargers!

Nice Rallye! Mine's a Lynch Rd 340/slap stick seq no 187277 and does not have the splash pan molding. That molding is pretty hard to find in good shape. Took me over a year to find a good one for my 71 Charger SE. Only bright work mine aside from around the windows is the wheel lip moldings. Pretty much original except for a repaint. Interesting that yours has the 2.76 ratio. 3.23s were standard. Whats the color code?

CHGR3.jpg

Last edited:
I'll get a picture of the fender tag but it was the gold color org with a white interior with black inserts very odd I would say and it had a column shift with the 340 i guess they wanted power and seating with that buddy seat

that front trim is perfect by the way so guess I got lucky

- - - Updated - - -

I also want to add this car has one of those new dash pads on it from yearone the ones for $500 or so it's really nice and fits like the org i didn't buy it it was there already it's nice to be able to compare with my perfect o.e. one in the sunroof car (not a crack or anything on that one ) but there very close but you can tell them appart only by having them next to each other

- - - Updated - - -

I also want to add this car has one of those new dash pads on it from yearone the ones for $500 or so it's really nice and fits like the org i didn't buy it it was there already it's nice to be able to compare with my perfect o.e. one in the sunroof car (not a crack or anything on that one ) but there very close but you can tell them appart only by having them next to each other

And as of today it's got scheduled to get sand blasted I got to get it blown appart and get it down to the stripper I've found a few hidden rust spots but lucky for me I ordered it's metal and have a few parts hanging around so she will be rust free soon then we can focus on the 4 speed conversion and paint

I think you can use that 30% off on that dash pad from YearOne.

Nice car! I seen the ad for that here but never made it too look at it . It will be cool to see what you do to it.

I'm kinda surprised no one grabbed it up before me the owner didn't list it like he should of he failed to mention a lot like the motor trans rear has only around 2000 miles all the bushings and steering stuff was new also brakes and all the paper work with it is nice too I was between a 73 charger u code 440 car or this. But the 73 owner never called me back, I wanted the 340 car anyways

My wife gave me the numbers for my car. It is 116398. Guess it was built quite a bit earlier than yours.

Auto Transport Service
Back