• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Baldwin Motion Story.

VicsGarage

Local time
7:04 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Figure this should interest a few. I did a 2 part video on the history of Baldwin Motion.

Part 1 covers the history of Joel Rosen and Martin Shore.

The History of Baldwin Motion (Part 1)

2 gets into the cars.

The Baldwin Motion Story (Part 2)

Cool bit of history, thanks. Hadnt heard of them until now. They were located only a few miles from where I currently live. I recognized a few of the location shots in the videos, especially Sunrise Highway next to the LIRR.

It’s nice to hear a story from the other team. Here how much they had to work to catch our cars! :lol:

I’ve always liked the Baldwin Motion cars, really reflected the era they were built in.

CB7FD821-05D7-4E5B-86DB-55BD5C1270C7.jpeg

5C5F2A7D-9578-46AC-9A81-F63C0A46CEBC.jpeg

21EA91E7-2C44-4F8C-9BEB-9C39470A87C5.jpeg

5486A804-8743-4877-81B3-A375055C8140.jpeg

I'm friends with Dennis Ferrera's son Greg, and see Dennis now and then.
Dennis drove a motion Camaro in the 70's successfully, and are presently restoring a tribute Camaro, the guy who did the original gold leaf in Ney York, flew down to Florida, and laid out the graphics on the new car from the original specs he still has from the original cars. I was at the shop the other day, and listed how they ran a Turbo 400 dry VIA a solenoid, and opened it to let fluid go through it, which led to developing the trans brake.
1669307961828.png

As a kid growing up on L.I. we used to go to a slot car/ Minibike store just down the street from Motion to buy parts for my Buddys Gocart with a Mac9 2 stroke. Needless to say we went and checked the cars also. The place was always hopping at night with all those Chevys. It was a great time to be alive. As we got older same Buddy got a 70 Challenger 383 4speed. Another had a 68 Hemi R/R and Dad 70 Charger 500. Square Speed had a Hemi on an engine stand in the front window. So I got Hooked on Mopar's, It is an incurable sickness I tell Ya. I think that green Camaro was featured in an old magazine. One like it was sold to the son of some Mexican Official and was loaded with everything they could throw at it. I think those cars were guaranteed to run 11s with their driver. Cool cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back