• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Black Ghost , Great Watch

6pktgo

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
I just stumbled onto this video & watched the whole 39 + minutes. It was WELL worth the time, but I'm not a big techy guy so I don't know how to put it on here , so to steer anyone in the right direction , Google " The Black Ghost " 1970 Triple Black Hemi 4 speed 4:10 Dana car, 45 thousand original miles !

Maybe someone that knows how to can pin it up or create a thread ??

It's been linked on FBBO several times, mostly right after the video was released.
Great story for sure, but nothing new.

Yep. I remember seeing that in the survivors tent at Carlisle PA 2 years ago. I appreciate it more now after seeing the story.
Thanks

I dig the JC Whitney plastic seat covers...I think I still have scars on the back of my legs from when I was a kid with those things.

Its a cool story. Nice to see that he is a car guy as well.

I saw it at the MCACN show a few weeks ago and I wonder how & why does this car get on a registry of historic vehicles? Other than being an unrestored hemi car, what's so special about it?

I saw it at the MCACN show a few weeks ago and I wonder how & why does this car get on a registry of historic vehicles? Other than being an unrestored hemi car, what's so special about it?

Its all about the story a mystery that reappeared form time to time and dominated the streets it drove on. It grew into a local legend that spread across the country. At a time when storys were past down from person to person no internet. That and who the man was, his story is just as cool as the car. If you get the chance and haven't watch the documentary.
Back when cars were cars and some races were won on guts.

Its all about the story a mystery that reappeared form time to time and dominated the streets it drove on. It grew into a local legend that spread across the country. At a time when storys were past down from person to person no internet. That and who the man was, his story is just as cool as the car. If you get the chance and haven't watch the documentary.
Back when cars were cars and some races were won on guts.

I saw the video & it is a good story, but I never heard of this car until the video came out, which leads me to believe that it was more of a local legend rather than a national legend. I'm not knocking it, just saying.

I watched the video a while ago. Cudo's to the son for keeping it. And for his Dad to be a smart man to go to the Dealer and order such an awesome car.

I wonder if he ever raced John Delorean when he worked for Pontiac and raced the streets on Detroit with factory cars. Not sure if the time periods line up.

Yep just a local legend. In a time when the street racing scene in Detroit was a legend unto itself.
I saw the video & it is a good story, but I never heard of this car until the video came out, which leads me to believe that it was more of a local legend rather than a national legend. I'm not knocking it, just saying.

Auto Transport Service
Back