• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The C-word, forum recommendations?

PlymCrazy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
I know it's blasphemy on this site to some, so I'll try to keep it quiet LOL. But....any tri-5 Chevy owners here? Love the experience I've had with FBBO and want to plug in with something similar for the tri-5's. Hoping some of you folks may have had a good experience with a relevant forum related to such.

Chevy Tri Five Forum
I hang out on it all the time, looking for fellow Mopar b-body owners...
hawkeye.jpg

Last edited:
Multiple tri-five owner, but I've never been on a tri-five site. Guess I'll have to try out the forum.

Have anything of the sort yourself?

Man, one look at the tri-5 site and it has the feel that all these forums have a common denominator...lol

Is @toolmanmike over there too? Looking in my rearview mirror all the time now cuz he's pooping up everywhere :lol:
You got the "pooping" part right... :lol:

No sir, I actually don't have any - but my uncle did, several in fact. I can pretty much work on 'em
as a result, not much to them. I'd prefer mine in '56 trim, thanks. Need a ship-to address? :)

55 chevy gasser style a friend of mine had for a couple years. I really liked that car.
Straight axle, solid cam 301, muncie & a 4.11 12 bolt.
Gold color and slots, rear wheel archs cut.
Yep tri 5s are ok in my book.

Had a 55 & a 57 both HT BelAirs 2 drs
both were far from stock lots of fiberglass/carbon fiber
tube chassis full rollcage, tubbed tinned, slicks & 4 link racecars
Milodon or Donovan blocks/engines, FI &/or Blown
di have a bunch of OE Chrome & trim thou

I can say the windows & trim is pricey stuff
just like the MoPars (like gen 2 Chargers)
'rusty gold'... way back when they weren't re-popping it either
a few good reputable places doing it now

never been on one of their/forum sites

good luck

Don't we have to put up with enough of that in the make-believe world? After all, this is a Mopar b form.

No sir, I actually don't have any - but my uncle did, several in fact. I can pretty much work on 'em
as a result, not much to them. I'd prefer mine in '56 trim, thanks. Need a ship-to address? :)
Oops, had to edit that.…

Pops had a ’56 and a ‘57. If all goes well I may get my hands on a ‘55 this weekend. We’ll see how it goes.

I have always liked tri fives. I like them in this order 57, 55 and 56. I would like to have either one if the price was right. Much cheaper than these damn Mopars too.

General Motors Discussion

:p

ZMan67S over on FABO has a nice 55. He hangs around the coffee shop thread.

car show 3.jpg

car show 4.jpg

Have anything of the sort yourself?

Man, one look at the tri-5 site and it has the feel that all these forums have a common denominator...lol

Is @toolmanmike over there too? Looking in my rearview mirror all the time now cuz he's popping up everywhere :lol:
Nope, not there. Just on FABO, FBBO, FCBO, FEBO,FFMJBO, and FTO. :lol:

I have always liked tri fives. I like them in this order 57, 55 and 56. I would like to have either one if the price was right. Much cheaper than these damn Mopars too.
In order of my preference '56(restored one with my dad), next would be '55 and '57 dead last. The '57s are like an overplayed pop song in my classic car experience. Still nice, but I don't go out of my way for them.

Auto Transport Service
Back