• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The comment we heard most at the car show...

SteveSS

Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
...that's a big dog!

Sunday our little mountain town of Monument, CO. had its annual car show. We took my daughter's Transformer Camaro and she probably had 30 different kids sit in it and get their pictures taken by their parents.

I took the '71 Challenger no big deal. Sunny day and the weather was in the low seventies. We had nice shade and the show was over at 1 pm. Still, we had some times of direct sunlight.

Some really great cars. One 72 Charger, a second-gen Barracuda with a modern Hemi, a 1971 'Cuda convertible with a 572 Hemi,and a Mustang like my high school car. Probably 200 cars and they had to turn some away.

rosies.jpg
7.jpg
4.jpg
31.jpg
q.jpg
1.jpg

We took Diesel the Newfie who was in the shade and had a bunch of water the whole time. We on the other hand got severely sunburned even on a cool day. Hardly anyone noticed my car but Diesel was a big hit. Rosie's served us pancakes and orange juice in the morning and brats, chips, and pop for lunch. Diesel got both meals. He's about 28 " at the shoulders. He loves people, especially children. The only thing we had to be careful of is when he shakes his head he can slime people. Once some people came by and started talking to him. He got up to see them and I was in a chair holding his leash. I had no leverage. The chair and I went tumbling.

6.jpg

The people there were wonderful. I got into many great conversations, even with a couple of Monument police officers.

Last edited:
I forgot to take a picture of one of my favorite cars. It was a perfect 1975 Nova SS 350 4 speed. I had never seen one. I mean it's kind of goofy but cool. Pic from the web.
nova.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Rosie’s has a great breakfast! Wish I had known about the event I’m close enough I would have got the R/T out to drive down.

The red 67 convertible belongs to a friend of mine. Really nice car.

Love those Newfs... Very cool dogs, except for the drooling....

Nice show, and post. Great for the kids to get involved and have some fun. And..... thats a BIG dog!
Weight? (My shepherds are around 70, on the small side, but tug of war can definately yank me out of my chair)

There was a square body nova ss the last time I went to Plant City cruise in.

Was 350 4 speed with console and factory square gauge cluster.

Kinda' cool.

Auto Transport Service
Back