• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The David Walden collection

resq302

Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
First, if this is the wrong section, please move it to the appropriate place. I just got word that the former head guy of ECS Automotive Concepts, David Walden, is having all of his cars put up for sale. Some of the nicest, top notch resto work went into these cars and if you did not have a chance to see any of them up close, you certainly missed out. Here his the link for the site for his vehicles.

https://davewaldencollection.com/

I never met the guy but we had a few PMs here and on a couple of other forums. He took **** from nobody and I respected that. His 4 door Barracuda was controversial and it brought out some really mean spirited critics. I defended him based on my respect for his high standards. He offered to send me some ECS products for standing up for him. I politely declined, telling him that I didn't think it was right to stand by and let him get bashed for his efforts. I was just doing what I thought was right.
He was banned from this forum but I don't know all the details. Maybe the mods threw the baby out with the bathwater, I just don't know. Topics about him got squashed after he was banned. He passed away after battling brain cancer. Maybe the disease caused him to react against the critics harsher than he would have had he been healthy? Hard to know for certain.
What I do know is that he was talented. Only a complete clueless asshole would argue against that.
I'd have to sell my house to afford what he spent on that 4 door Barracuda.

I saw the 4 door barracuda in person at Carlisle, and though it was different, it was insane the amount of detail on it. The guy obviously knew his **** when it came to doing these cars and gave alot to the hobby with ECS. Those are some nice rides!

When you are gone, all your hard work will be dispersed to the highest bidder.

Enjoy your stuff today!! :thumbsup:

Also talked to his son at last years Carlisle right after he passed and they said they were going to keep the business running, but wonder for how long or are they really into the cars and wanna keep it going long term. His kid just didn't seem to be into as much as the old man was, atleast from what I saw. I could be wrong.....it's happened once or twice before haha.

Talking to Dave's wife, Cindy, she said that Dave had the company working like a well oiled machine before everything happened so business can essentially take care of itself. She did say that she wants to keep the business going so that is a huge plus for the hobby. I know that Dave had some other plans in the works that they are hoping to get produced also which will also be a blessing for the hobby.

Entire website has been revamped, Tom is still on sales, I think they'll continue to succeed in David's footsteps. Dave had his finger firmly on things. Called me in person to arrange picking up my head pipes from my OE 383 to duplicate, etc. He was a man on a mission and a huge loss to the industry.

I remember when Dave restored his white and blue Challenger. His attention to detail was absolutely amazing ! Seeing his work is what pushed me to make my work better on my cars. Not only did he raise the bar for restorations but he kept pushing that bar higher and higher with every car he did. Every car that he did led to more and more factory correct products that came out into the hobby. A huge loss for sure and I do miss our conversations.

Well written, he was a real asset to the hobby. You need some kind of "personality" to keep pushing the limits.

Truly one of those "even if you don't like the results, you can admire the work" cars for sure.
No different to me than someone who goes to the nth degree on a vehicle the world has long forgotten,
really. The work, the craftsmanship, the commitment to pursuing perfection is to be admired regardless.

Auto Transport Service
Back