• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The day we feared is here

Sahara

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:11 PM
Reaction score
Way North Canada. Polar Bear shaped license plates
****. This will be my view out the front window until May. Gonna get the hell out of here and go to Mexico in two weeks.
715F667E-3E88-4591-AA67-FCB36E6C38CB.jpeg

Hooray! No more lawn mowing, rototilling, chasing moles, weed wacking, leaf blowing or any other landscape work.
I only had to snowblow 2 times last winter. Lots of time to hit the UP with my snowmobile!!
Mike

Putting all of my stuff away outside and Hunkerin' down for the winter!
Just a way of life. Can't do anything about it, so I just change my activities.
I can work on the "X" more and put the engine together while the Wife is
inside watching re-runs and shopping on the net! Hope she leaves me some
money for parts & pieces? I have a new roof on the house and a good furnace
with plenty of food and ammo. Come on Spring!

Gonna get the hell out of here and go to Mexico in two weeks.

Sounds like a good plan.
Unfortunately the flight (one way) seems to be 2 grand from germany in an "adult seat" (premium economy). :(

Wow, that’s expensive! We pay around CAN$700 per person round trip from here, so around US$500 per person. We do have to overnight in Calgary, though, so that’s another $150 and provide a clean covid test for CAN$250 per person. Even though we are both double vaccinated with a booster shot, as well.

Sorry bout that my northern friends, can't image this way of life many of you have. Being in the southeast I have to deal with ungodly humidity most of the summer. I take three showers a day or each time I come inside for lunch, supper. This is my "free air conditioning , cool, I don t have to pay for and am so much enjoying this. I am able to ride my motorcycle most all winter long. Just a few days each winter when the roads freeze over and are wet from the rain is when we don't ride. Guess most of us just adapt wherever we grow up at and it just the way it is. Our winters here have been so warm I have not cut any wood in three years now.....but I here this one coming will be a great freeze out for us all.........

Wow, that’s expensive! We pay around CAN$700 per person round trip from here, so around US$500 per person. We do have to overnight in Calgary, though, so that’s another $150 and provide a clean covid test for CAN$250 per person. Even though we are both double vaccinated with a booster shot, as well.
Last time we went to Scotland and Portugal before that outbound we didn’t have to overnight in Toronto, same on the way back. Sure cuts down cost.

This time worked out sort of O.K.
We had booked tickets to Mazatlan for literally the week that North America shut down due to covid. I didn’t pull our money, thinking Westjet would need it more then me. They issued me a credit on my account. So now that things are open again I rebooked with the credit and it still came in $74 cheaper then before.
We used to fly out of Edmonton or Calgary, and it’s only a four or five hour flight from there. But I hate driving in the winter so now we just fly out of Yellowknife, thus the overnight stay.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that my northern friends, can't image this way of life many of you have. Being in the southeast I have to deal with ungodly humidity most of the summer. I take three showers a day or each time I come inside for lunch, supper. This is my "free air conditioning , cool, I don t have to pay for and am so much enjoying this. I am able to ride my motorcycle most all winter long. Just a few days each winter when the roads freeze over and are wet from the rain is when we don't ride. Guess most of us just adapt wherever we grow up at and it just the way it is. Our winters here have been so warm I have not cut any wood in three years now.....but I here this one coming will be a great freeze out for us all.........

Actually it’s not the cold so much, although if it gets down around -40 it can be bad. It’s the wet, sloppyness of this time of year, and the darkness later. I hate having wet feet and tracking muck everywhere. And the darkness really brings on a depression. If there was actually direct sunlight in the winter it probably wouldn’t be so bad but for about two months it doesn’t get sunny, just light out for a few hours.

This time worked out sort of O.K.
We had booked tickets to Mazatlan for literally the week that North America shut down due to covid. I didn’t pull our money, thinking Westjet would need it more then me. They issued me a credit on my account. So now that things are open again I rebooked with the credit and it still came in $74 cheaper then before.
We used to fly out of Edmonton or Calgary, and it’s only a four or five hour flight from there. But I hate driving in the winter so now we just fly out of Yellowknife, thus the overnight stay.
Wise move.

Enjoy Mazatlan only two more weeks sunny days, Pacifico beer, coconuts, warm weather and the women in the beach, ahh beautiful please take care of Chica and do not let her out, too freaking cold up north.

Another thing that makes me scratch my head.
Wife and I have five rescue cats. The Canadian cats all curl up and sleep, eat and **** all winter. The cat we rescued from Mazatlan has no problem going outside in the winter and playing in the snow. We have to watch that a fox or lynx doesn’t eat her but she has the shortest fur of all the cats but doesn’t hate the cold. Picture from last winter but she’s outside as I write this.
D2555ED4-7B75-462B-B740-6F44520EB965.jpeg

its comming here soon in michigan got an escape the wife and I are buying on november 4th its in south carolina on mrytle beach, not neccesarily going to be very warm in jan-feb. bit I'm sure it will be t-shirt weather compared to here

Another thing that makes me scratch my head.
Wife and I have five rescue cats. The Canadian cats all curl up and sleep, eat and **** all winter. The cat we rescued from Mazatlan has no problem going outside in the winter and playing in the snow. We have to watch that a fox or lynx doesn’t eat her but she has the shortest fur of all the cats but doesn’t hate the cold. Picture from last winter but she’s outside as I write this.View attachment 1186407
She looks like my shop cat

We got 4 cruises booked this winter. Getting tired of this cold crap already.

****. This will be my view out the front window until May. Gonna get the hell out of here and go to Mexico in two weeks.View attachment 1186343
I'm sure where you are going is better than here but no snow for the most part here......but you're welcome any time.

Hooray! No more lawn mowing, rototilling, chasing moles, weed wacking, leaf blowing or any other landscape work.
I only had to snowblow 2 times last winter. Lots of time to hit the UP with my snowmobile!!
Mike
Heck, even my yard is getting where I don't have to do much now and glad of that!!

Y'all can keep that crap. I had enough and packed my bags and left Maine 7 years ago. Just entering the perfect weather season here!

Auto Transport Service
Back