• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Edelbrock Foundry, when did San Jacinto, CA become "overseas"?

IQ52

Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
Keep hearing Edelbrock gets overseas castings and machines them in the U.S.A. Has China or somebody purchased the city of San Jacinto? Maybe they moved BOTH of Edelbrock's California foundries overseas. Which country did they move them to? Vic, say it isn't so!

I think Kalifornya has gone so far left, people just mistake it for China these days........

Couldn't tell by the foundry's video. I think some of us who bought the stealth heads which are cast in china and then brought here to be machined and assembled would like to think that eddy does the same since we feel guilty but let's face it they don't and good ole USA is alive and well in the eddy foundry. Other than my heads being cast in china every other item in my build is made in America. Hell I tribute Edelbrock as much as I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckbpq6OoiEY#at=136

My engine bay lol

20130612_073055_zps2894ab6b.gif

- - - Updated - - -

I think Kalifornya has gone so far left, people just mistake it for China these days........

Screw you, What is south carolina kow for? Inbreds?

Couldn't tell by the foundry's video. I think some of us who bought the stealth heads which are cast in china and then brought here to be machined and assembled would like to think that eddy does the same since we feel guilty but let's face it they don't and good ole USA is alive and well in the eddy foundry. Other than my heads being cast in china every other item in my build is made in America. Hell I tribute Edelbrock as much as I can.

My engine bay lol

- - - Updated - - -

Screw you, What is south carolina kow for? Inbreds?
Engine bay looks good, I see you ditched the Edelbrock carb, though! Did I strike a nerve with the Kalifornya coment?

I bought my MP452 heads (Eddy's with straight plugs) specifically because they are made in the USA.......like me. Being proud of America and of American craftsmanship may be old fashioned, but I, for one, am willing to spend the extra few dollars for the best.

Far left and more third-world every day.

Far left and more third-world every day.

Maybe you should get out of San Jose more, Dennis. I hope all you 'good ol boys' who knock California have fun doin' it and stay where you are...couldn't be jealousy, could it?

I grew up there (Santa Rosa, Fairfield, concord). I left because the state kept getting worse. So, at least in my case, no jealousy. Sadness when I think how the state was 20 years ago or more... I smile when I buy things -ammo, knives, car parts, all of which are banned in the people's republic of California. Still can't figure out why edlebrock stays there....

I always heard Edelbrock components were cast and machined in CA but at the same time it seems almost impossible due to the environmental laws that slowly turn old industrial complexes into condos or shopping malls.

I'm a native Californian (SF Bay Area to be specific) and all I can do is watch the stupidity unfold year after year. The biggest problem is the worlds population wants to live here so developers and the cities get together to pack us in to cubicles. I have been making a joke for years about developing the gore points on the freeways but every year I think that joke is closer to reality.

all I know is California must be a horrible, cancer plagued land.... I don't know how many times I've looked at the MSDS sheet on something and it says it might cause cancer in California! :icon_jokercolor:

Lol. The first day I worked at Trivalley Machine, Tom pointed out that, according to the state of California, every tool in the shop could kill me. Gotta love those warnings, from a place where it is fine to build a housing development next to an 8 lane freeway. Where oil floats on top of the water in concord and Pacheco.
I wonder if edlebrock heads wouldn't be cheaper if they were made in Nevada, Arizona, or anywhere outside of California. When we buy a set, or an intake, how much more are they costing?

Beautiful State, I'll just leave it at that. I really hope they stay Made in the USA, it's getting harder and harder to find anything that is.

I guess I should be the first to admit that I have been miss-informed about Edlebrock's Foundry operations being solely US in nature. Wikipedia has shown me that from this post. Yet I still have an issue with this solely US made mind set that constantly permeates on this and other Forum sites. It just ain't ever going to be the way it used to be. The Global Economy saw to that. Let us not forget that for those of us that are of the Boomer Generation, we grew up mocking the "Made in Japan" products that were being sold in this Country. Now look at where we are with that country's products. TV's, Cars, Electronics, etc, are all a part of our every day purchases. Even this Computer is of Japanese origin. So my point is this...If 440 Source can produce a similar product, with same specs basically as the Edlebrock offerings, and for less than what the Edlebrock's cost, and the castings are done overseas, bringing the machining process back to the US, what is the major "Bitch" about? If I can get a similar item, with a great guarantee, at a fraction of the cost, am I better off ponying up for the more expensive pieces or saving a buck or two where I can? I submit that after it is all said and done, that the 440 Source products will perform and do just fine. 440 Source couldn't be in business if they were, "DUMPING" inferior quality products in the US market. It just wouldn't happen and they would eventually collapse and fail as a business. I went with them because I am on a fixed income...Retired ya know and I bet none here take that into consideration when defending the larger price tag...and because they firmly believe in their products as a very reliable alternative that are out there. I run an Edlebrock Performer Intake Manifold as well on my 383. I have used Carterbrock carbs...I am even considering dumping my Holley 3310C/750 cfm carb because of the simplicity that the Edlebrock offerings have in "bolt and go" applications. Where I differ though when it comes to Edlebrock as a whole, is that they are not a MOPAR type producer of products. Vic along with his dad and now his daughter, has always been in bed with the GM crowd and if you look closely, their crate offers are not MOPAR crates but GM and some Ford. Edlebrock does indeed manufacture an excellent product. If one can produce a quality product for some what less and still achieve the results of customer satisfaction, for a fraction of the cost...You tell me which is better. Pay more or pay less and still achieve the same results? It is a quandary to say the least.

Finally on a short note, a "RANT"......The CA bashers and haters continue to spout their sheer profundity about this State when I dare say they have a very limited mind set and opinion of it. They couldn't be more wrong. Is this a perfect State? No!! Is it a great place to live? Yes for the weather and No for the political BS!!! I am a Midwest transplant. You can have that part of the Country. This State has everything that any of the 49 other States would drool over. Best climate, best views, and really some of the best people anywhere I have ever met. If the "SHTF" I can be in the high Country in a fraction of the time that you Flat Lander's can and I am still able to procure what I need to fight and survive. So don't let the door hit you in the *** as you bail out for what you believe are greener pastures. I'll take these pastures over yours any day...Rant Off

I grew up there (Santa Rosa, Fairfield, concord). I left because the state kept getting worse. So, at least in my case, no jealousy. Sadness when I think how the state was 20 years ago or more... I smile when I buy things -ammo, knives, car parts, all of which are banned in the people's republic of California. Still can't figure out why edlebrock stays there....

This is really funny...I buy ammo and car parts often. I bought a made in Oregon Kershaw knife from a store here a few weeks ago. Banned? The myths go on. Edelbrock stays here because their roots are in So-Cal. If you ever get a chance to meet Vic Jr. you'll find out very quickly that the performance industry and his family's roots are his passions. They make tons of money by producing products with a bunch of tradition, history and quality.

cr8crshr: I understand your position, but would add that the main reason to pay a little more if you can is so that our neighbors still have jobs. As for all the regulations on industry, all you have to do is visit a 3rd world country where emerging technology without regulation has turned the air and water foul, as it did in our industrial revolution. I'd love to have less costly things produced here and 106 octane Sunoco available down the street, but even more, I want my kids and grandkids to be able to breathe and drink clean water...
So you guys go on knocking California...and I'll just keep on smiling and enjoying life here in the 'Golden State'.

This is really funny...I buy ammo and car parts often. I bought a made in Oregon Kershaw knife from a store here a few weeks ago. Banned? The myths go on. Edelbrock stays here because their roots are in So-Cal. If you ever get a chance to meet Vic Jr. you'll find out very quickly that the performance industry and his family's roots are his passions. They make tons of money by producing products with a bunch of tradition, history and quality.

cr8crshr: I understand your position, but would add that the main reason to pay a little more if you can is so that our neighbors still have jobs. As for all the regulations on industry, all you have to do is visit a 3rd world country where emerging technology without regulation has turned the air and water foul, as it did in our industrial revolution. I'd love to have less costly things produced here and 106 octane Sunoco available down the street, but even more, I want my kids and grandkids to be able to breathe and drink clean water...
So you guys go on knocking California...and I'll just keep on smiling and enjoying life here in the 'Golden State'.

Thanks so much CO Dave. I have spent my entire life transiting 3rd world countries so I know of what you speak. Retired AF. I have to admit that the logic for support domestically produced goods is spot on. The Edlebrocks are definitely the antithesis of "MADE IN AMERICA" and "DAMN PROUD OF IT!!!!" The results of this debate will be in the longevity of my 440 Source Heads vs that of the Edlebrocks. With out a set to compare each one with, I will have to see how mine hold up. So far so good...cr8crshr/Tuck

For me it's more than that, China breaks all of the trade agreements and doesn't hesitate to constantly put it to us "@#*% them", I'll by American.

Lol. The first day I worked at Trivalley Machine, Tom pointed out that, according to the state of California, every tool in the shop could kill me. Gotta love those warnings, from a place where it is fine to build a housing development next to an 8 lane freeway. Where oil floats on top of the water in concord and Pacheco.
I wonder if edlebrock heads wouldn't be cheaper if they were made in Nevada, Arizona, or anywhere outside of California. When we buy a set, or an intake, how much more are they costing?

You bring up something that I always wondered about as well. Not just in CA, but anything made in the US typically costs more because the consumer gets to pay all the taxes and fees levied onto the manufacturer.

Let's not omit the fact that Unions in regards to manufacturing have made the price tag of Buying American to be quite expensive. Not bashing them but it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to see why off shore product offerings attract a lot of attention these days. So how far does your "DOLLAR" go these days????

Keep hearing Edelbrock gets overseas castings and machines them in the U.S.A. Has China or somebody purchased the city of San Jacinto? Maybe they moved BOTH of Edelbrock's California foundries overseas. Which country did they move them to? Vic, say it isn't so!

I live in one of the few "Republican" counties left in CA.
The problem is; California has become so "RIGID" on it's EPA regulations AND the world's 8th leading economy state is utterly bankrupt for all it's social spending programs and liberal "State employee Pensions" that the sate of CA has increased it's business tax to a point it is not feasible to do business in California anymore.
EPA fines
Highest business tax in the U.S
Business have to provide employees with ridiculous "benefit" packages...
etc, etc, etc

Business are leaving the state daily.

Auto Transport Service
Back