• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The final plan.

ddpsnake

Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
Well i finely took my 360 into the machine shop for a rebuild.The ORG 318 did just fine for me thus far cant afford the 340,or 383, but i have had 360 in the past i like them.MONEY is a big problem, never could spend much on rebuilds,so once again i am stuck with a stock build,with the comp cam 262 hyd.This is the final thing i planed for my 71 i love this car and plan on keeping this 1.Thanks for reading.

S8870002.JPG S8870006.JPG

Looks good! Always like the ‘71’s. Good luck with the build!

Nice ride. Hope the new build works out well.

Good looking car, I like the stance! 440'

Nothing wrong with a 360 engine. That's what is going into my 71 Clonerunner project.
Mind you mine will have the 340 "J" heads.
One thing to do now during the build phase is to zero deck the block - you need to bump up the compression.

Watch some of Uncle Tony's videos, he puts together a mean small block with mostly stock parts.

Nice.

What color is that?

Nothing wrong with a 360 engine. That's what is going into my 71 Clonerunner project.
Mind you mine will have the 340 "J" heads.
One thing to do now during the build phase is to zero deck the block - you need to bump up the compression.

Watch some of Uncle Tony's videos, he puts together a mean small block with mostly stock parts.
zero deck, dont know nothing about that,would i have to cut my intake?

I was gonna say KB5, which is a 74 and up color and has a little green in it making it turquoise-y.

Looks GREAT with a black and white interior.

zero deck, dont know nothing about that,would i have to cut my intake?
Normally you would just leave out the end gaskets.
Also, the heads could use a good cut removed form them.

My 360 block is zero decked and my 'J' heads have 1/8" shaved off of them.
The combustion chambers are now 60cc.
With KB 107 pistons my final compression is just under 11:1

Auto Transport Service
Back