• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The first time.

Canned Heat

Local time
6:48 PM
Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first thread. I just bought a 1965 Dodge Coronet 440. My first impression is. Big. It's hard to think of this car being a compact car back in the day. I told a friend that it's the fastest living room I have ever been in ;) Compared to a Challenger or even a late model Charger were you feel like you are deep in the seat and kind of secure under power. This car to me feels like you are sitting on a park bench. It is not stock and feels like a mid 11 car. It has been stroked & bored to a 493 with a Mopar aluminum heads and a .603 lift cam. With Flowmasters and short dumps it is beyond loud plus the size of the car makes for a special sound. I usually prefer FM 50s but I think I will keep these for a while. I'll try and get pics soon. Thanks.:drinks:

Hello all. This is my first thread. I just bought a 1965 Dodge Coronet 440. My first impression is. Big. It's hard to think of this car being a compact car back in the day. I told a friend that it's the fastest living room I have ever been in ;) Compared to a Challenger or even a late model Charger were you feel like you are deep in the seat and kind of secure under power. This car to me feels like you are sitting on a park bench. It is not stock and feels like a mid 11 car. It has been stroked & bored to a 493 with a Mopar aluminum heads and a .603 lift cam. With Flowmasters and short dumps it is beyond loud plus the size of the car makes for a special sound. I usually prefer FM 50s but I think I will keep these for a while. I'll try and get pics soon. Thanks.:drinks:
Hi Canned Heat, welcome from Surrey on the west coast. :)
Your Coronet wasn't a compact car, it was an intermediate. The Valiant was a compact. :) I like your living room comparison!
1663216297983.gif

Greetings from northern Michigan.

Cool description, check.
Cool pics, .....

Sounds like an impression maker. Can't wait to see some pics! Good morning and welcome to FBBO from western NY!

Welcome from Missouri!! I would say, more like sitting on a rocket, not in a rocket.

welcome to FBBO sounds like a cool car now drive the wheels off it

Welcome from NY.
A 65 Coronet would have been considered a "mid-size" car back then.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome aboard from Illinois!! Ah yes, 1965, the year I turned 16 and got my driver's license and first car!

Auto Transport Service
Back