• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The guy who;

33 IMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:06 PM
Reaction score
Invented or mandated the Rube Goldberg device that passes as a nozzle on new gas cans should be Castrated with a rusty hook, and allowed to bleed to death on national television.
Thank God for 99cent store funnels.

It's because some *** CLOWN couldn't make the original work safely so,
A new SAFTEY NOZZLE had to be developed

Save your self grief . Easy pour gas spout.
zzzz.JPG

Go to Tractor supply and buy their retro fit nozzle that solves that problem. It's not a 100% perfect, but so much better. It eliminates the pushing and cursing at the same time. It comes with a nozzle, air cap and adapters to fit the can.

Invented or mandated the Rube Goldberg device that passes as a nozzle on new gas cans should be Castrated with a rusty hook, and allowed to bleed to death on national television.
:thumbsup: :rofl:

Diesel jugs are like what the gasoline jugs used to be.....Until the air quality jerkoffs mandate changes to those.

What Fran said^^^^^^^^^^^^^. I bought two of these and they're easy to install and work great, just like the old days...

This always works.
mouth%2Bsiphon.jpg

OOPS--sorry--this is how the cans are filled.:)
But a can empty tube from the bottom of a can makes sense to me. No tipping needed. Just an easy to open the valve when using two hands holding the can up high enough.-Come on inventors. We haven't yet seen the last word on this.

Guess I was living under rock. I didn't know anything about the new gas cans, so I Googled it.

Yea had that problem just a few minutes ago. The can works ok when filling the tractor. Not worth a dam filling the truck. Why a safety valve if the nozzle will not reach the hole in the fill neck. Make the nozzle 2 inches longer and it just might work.
That thing has to have been designed by some dam fool that doesn't drive.

He's the same guy that gave us ethanol fuel so it could ruin all the rubber hoses and parts in our carbs. I'm waiting to find a corn cob plugging up my fuel filter.

I smell OSHA.

Another solution is to buy one of those stupid electric cars and you won't need a gas can. People that buy those cars think their saving energy, but they never stop to think how electricity is made.

I need saved from the crazy people, not from myself.

Had to buy a new gas can because someone swiped mine, plus had to buy a spout just to use it. Cost me $40 for a 2 gallon jug by the time I was done

Today, they had a hazardous waster drop off day 20 miles away. Got rid of 5 gallons of 10 year old gas and 3 gallons of anti-freeze. A little bonus had 2 pint bottles of a professional spotting agent I've had for45 years.
Now I freed up my metal 5 gallon can.
Pleasant drive but I-84 east of Waterbury, Ct sucks both directions. Construction 4 years 1 more to go, maybe more.

As mentioned before I designed the plastic can. It was for a company called Blitz from Miami, Oklahoma. The plastic jugs were a great success and cost less than the old plastic can so they were selling like hotcakes. Some dumb asses set themselves on fire pouring gasoline on an open flame. Then It became open season for lawyers. No matter how many times Bitlz changed the spouts, the lawyers still smelled blood in the water. I wasn't around for all the failed iterations thank goodness but eventually the company, Blitz said F' it! Sold all the tooling to China. It was a nice American company. The made lots of pet products, oil cans, drip pans, oil pans, car ramps. etc. American lawyers sent a successful American company employing thousands of workers in the Heartland to China. Don't cuss the can, cuss the lawyers!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back