• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Last Fighter Pilot of WWII flew the last mission

Paul_G

Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
This is outstanding! The Last Fighter Pilot of WWII who flew the last mission Take five minutes to watch this video interview --- Listen carefully to what he says and how he says it. You won't regret a second of it. Ask yourself, how many of the few surviving WWII veterans kept themselves and their uniform in such good condition for over 70 years and can still proudly wear it? Notice his superb delivery, no teleprompter, no script Just a 91-year-old fighter pilot representing the greatest generation at home and abroad who won WWII. He has some surprises and a great take on the philosophy of life. Click here to see this video:

The Last Fighter Pilot of WWII

The video was taken in 2015, so I did a quick Google search and he passed away in 2017. Thank you sir!

thank you for that post. I enjoyed that.
My kids mom is Japanese. Her grandparents were first generation Americans and lived on Hawaii. Years ago, I was able to interview the great uncles. They were working in the cane fields when the zeros flew over.
One of them had a first hand look at the planes as they approached the Shofield (sp) barracks, the other as they bombed the harbor.
I wish that I had interviewing skills......I need to find those old super 8 films

You served your country well Jerry
continue to RIP

My dad was a B24 bomber pilot in the south Pacific. Told me only a couple of war stories. Faced many Zeros. Both sides sure had brave men. I do wish he had told me a few more. But I'm sure the loss's were to hard.

Awesome post! Thanks

Thank you for your service! Rest In Peace!

Beautiful tribute,to a Great American.
RIP Sir & All the rest of that generation
that fought and died for this country.

My Dad was a tailgunner on a torpedo Bomber
and flew on Iwo Jima.
Have maps used during the assault,with the targets
they were to hit.

This clip also complimented the ladies that served. Those in the uniform and those "Rosie the riveter". My mom installed Norton bomb sights on the B-24 planes my dad flew. That group of folks gave us the country we have. I hope that doesn't change too much. I wish what those folks from my parents days does not get forgotten.

this was a Real man,back when our country came together and believed in what we did.
Great video,TY for sharing.

Auto Transport Service
Back