• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The latest on the broken 1969 Charger.

SteveSS

Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
It was at the shops for months. The shop is where all the older hot rods go. I finally got it back a couple of weekends ago. They said it needed a new distributor to run at its peak but I could take it until the dizzy got here. Something about the length of the shaft was giving them problems. So I get it back and after a few errands, it craps out again and has to be towed. I talked with them this week and they said they think some electrical component is getting hot and causing the problem. They don't know which one. Just letting you know the grief I'm going through

sorry to here of your frustration....these cars are basically WW2 technology, the "shop where all the older hotrods go" should be capable of fixing a simple ignition problem

Doesn't sound like a high end, precise troubleshooting shop. Ignition diagnosis can be tricky, but I agree w. Eldubb. Coil or reluctor opening up maybe.

Resistance somewhere between the ignition switch and coil..

Auto Transport Service
Back