• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The meaning of reason for...Pro Touring

Darius

Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
Many of you have followed my build from the beginning and are well aware of the "issues" I have had. Well, today I FINALLY got to drive the thing with NO worries! 475 miles that had freeway, winding country roads, winding twists thru the hills, flat and straight for miles DESERTED country roads, and LA traffic over the Grapevine.
Holy ****!!!!! Speed...pegged my speedo at 120! Handling....a friggin slot car with a 3' guide pin! Comfort....not rattles,quiet like no classic ever thought of being, Fun.....can't even begin to describe that except to say anyone who saw me had to be wondering what the **** I was smiling about....and last but not least...Mileage...19.6 mpg over the Entire 475 miles. There were many many miles of over 100 mph and easily twice as many as that at 80-90.
This is what Pro touring is all about. Worth every penny and disappointment!
DO IT!

Congrats sounds like fun, I'm a little envious too...

except to say anyone who saw me had to be wondering what the f**k I was smiling about

LMAO . . . I think this says it ALL . . . and sums it up very nicely ! ! !

Thanks ! ! !

P.S. - I'm working on DOING IT ! ! !

I couldn't agree more, being able to drive them often and comfortably is priceless. The larger wheels take away that nasty tire rolling under the car feel while the overdrive allows you to have your cake and eat it too! Congrats, that's a beauty.

Congratulations, cant wait to experience mine the same way when it is finally finished.

Auto Transport Service
Back