• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "new" model Challenger, any thoughts?

Wietse

Local time
10:07 AM
Reaction score
Since i am hooked on to the Mopar stuff, i start thinking about buying a 2008-up model Challenger.
Anyone drives/driven one of these here?
What's the score of this car in the USA?
I really like the classic looks it has from the old one, obviously i would like to go for the 6.1 SRT. :)

I had a 2010 Plum Crazy (White Stripes) R/T Classic 6 speed with the 5.7 liter for about a year and I loved that car. I got it at a time when gas prices went through the roof so I had to sell it plus that is what paved the way for my Roadrunner.

My first car was a 73 Roadrunner and I was surprised at how much it felt like that when I drove it. It handles nice but is a very heavy car and rides very smooth. It also has a lot of space for a 2 door car. I test drove a Mustang GT and liked it okay and I didn't even get past sitting in a Camaro. I did not like that car at all! Having driven an old muscle car, Chrysler really hit the nail on the head with the Challenger as a retro style modern car. I am sure others may disagree but I think it's a big brawny car that goes pretty dang fast in a straight line and can light the tires up anytime you want too. The SRT even more so!

If you love muscle cars and Mopar, I think you would love this car as well.

Last edited:
I have a 2010 SRT Challenger & 2015 Hellcat Challenger. Both 6 speeds Love em.
I used to be impressed with the speed and ride of the SRT until the HC came along.
Both great cars a ton of fun to drive, get lots of looks and smoke Camaros & Mustangs
When I want a Charger I'll drive my 69'r, the new ones have two many doors for me.

Granite Met-Manual.jpg

Yeah, the newer model has the 6.4, but for now prices for these are a bit on the high side.
I could buy one, but to me it is just too much money for a car.
I do prefer the 2015-up model with it's upgrades, i might sit it out and wait a bit for the prices to come down.
Not sure about that statement though :)

No known issues with them, like electric system, or any other components for that matter?

I read they want to ban the Dodge Demon from the US roads as it was too much of a hp car and dangerous in the wrong hands...i like that! :)
But yeah, Hell Cat's and Demons are the best of it all, but prices here in Europe are sky high for these models.
New cars are around 195.000 euro ($235.000) so they are for the few lucky with a big bank account.

Regarding the Charger, i always wondered what went wrong there.
They did such a nice reconstruction of the Challenger but severely failed to do the same for the Charger.
It's not ugly, but to me they are miles out of what it should have been.
I also looked for a Chevrolet Camaro, but hey how can i justify that with a classic Mopar in the garage and driving a Chevy :)
I like it, but the only thing (and mentioned above) is that the Challenger does take 3 people on the back seat and the Camaro doesn't.
It's not needed all the time to have place for 5 in the car but i don't want to get short if i need it.

I will probably have to buy a used one and it's probably going to be thrashed!

Since i am hooked on to the Mopar stuff, i start thinking about buying a 2008-up model Challenger.
Anyone drives/driven one of these here?
What's the score of this car in the USA?
I really like the classic looks it has from the old one, obviously i would like to go for the 6.1 SRT. :)
We just bought the 2017 scat pack challenger. Its awesome

I bought a 09 SRT8 6sp. (The man. trans. moved me to wait till the 09 models).
The car was great for me for 18K miles.
The hellcat for 2015 was enough to pry my 09 out of my hands. It was a fine and fun car and expect the new owner would agree.
The Hellcat is all of what an SRT8 is and a kick in the butt plus that many have tried to express.
A base model 6cyl challenger to the srt8 is a move that is easy to understand.
IMO the move from the srt8 (09) to the hellcat is equal in feel. I am very happy and am not looking to move to the demon.
BTW I did get caught by the design/look of the car. A home run for the designers much like the 68-70 chargers look was a lasting home run. And I think it is better looking than the original Challengers.

6 speed yes, auto with open diff, no...Get used to asking your passengers what's in the right hand lane....blind spots in this car are incredible...But, still tons of fun..with the 6 speed anyway...

Don't own a challenger, but a charger SRT 2006 and I love this car. I've had it for 9 years 115K miles and it's never let me down!

IMG_2250.JPG IMG_2252.JPG IMG_2253.JPG

I haven't owned a car newer than 2003, but one of my friends bought a 2015 sxt. I had the opportunity to drive it... and I was fairly impressed. I personally like how the car feels huge when driving... I could actually see the hood. Although the steering and suspension was a lot tighter than my Charger was at the time, it felt remarkably similar. Maybe it was the shape of the dash? Who knows.

have a 2014 Classic RT in Hemi orange it's a well built car, beautiful inside and out. I bought used cause im always lookin for a great deal. The new demon is very cool my buddy ordered the demon expects it to arrive mid October. All are sold out, but we have heard that before.

IMG_0196.JPG
Got an 09 Challenger 6 speed manual R/T new. Tracpac. 12k now. While not a Pony car, if compared to the Stang or Camero it is roomy and comfortable. Also has a no-See C pillar. Throttle has a mind of its own. Have not really driven it enough to figure it out, but put the blower on hold till throttle is more predictable. Only changed oil and rotated tires to this point. Drive it little. Put about 7k a year on the 69. My wife's 06 Daytona is the modern ride of choice. Not looks, ride and drive.

Auto Transport Service
Back