• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The New Vise Grips Are To Be Released 4/19/21

metaldad

Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
vice grip, formerly of dewitt, nebraska, bought out by rubbermaid/newell/ irwin, USA plant closed, moved to china
malco, of minneasota, has bought and refurbished the plant. they are in production of eagle grip pliers, USA made. the snap on versions have been already been released.
jorie sackin of harry epsteins (a tool supply house), has released the projected prices of the soon to be available pliers as:
LP7R - $34.95
LP7WC - $33.95
LP10R - $38.95
LP10WC - $36.95

LP11C - $49.95
LP11SP - $51.95.
lets support USA manufacturing and put a few in the toolbox(es)
a great video

Maybe we should boycott Rubbermaid, Newell. and Irwin.

It's wonderful that those are made in the USA and are of superior quality.
What's not so great are the prices - the original old Vice Grips weren't ever "pricy" tools
even back when they were also made here (a pair of which I still have).
That's going to be tough for them to overcome, which I guess leads them towards
marketing towards the "tool truck" types out there.
Hopefully, the UCP comes down on them as they go along.

Vise grips made in China, just another sell out of the American worker by greedy corporate world, remind me to never buy Rubber Maid.
In my trade vice grip is like a third hand , I must have vice grips made here 30 plus years old, beat up, missing the spring, full of weld splatter and they still work perfectly .
See the HF crap junk garbage holds up to the new Malco products

It's wonderful that those are made in the USA and are of superior quality.
What's not so great are the prices - the original old Vice Grips weren't ever "pricy" tools
even back when they were also made here (a pair of which I still have).
That's going to be tough for them to overcome, which I guess leads them towards
marketing towards the "tool truck" types out there.
Hopefully, the UCP comes down on them as they go along.
I still have several Vice Grip tools!!

Back when Vise Grip was being moved to China I went on a buying spree... Bought every USA made pair I could find... I hit tool & hardware stores all over the US... I was traveling for work allot during that time frame... Wound up with 26 pairs in assorted styles... Gave a few to friends but still have about 15 pairs...

I’ll admit I bought as many USA made ones as I could then wound up with a few China ones and said no more of those.. I will pay for USA as long as they are a quality tool. I don’t mind paying up as I feel I will not have to replace it due to failure. My nice fancy fancy snap on scanner is ... made in China! 6 grand and I have a China made tool pissed me off, found out all of their electronics are China and most of the blue point tools are too. Sad greedy bastards!

Tons of the old Petersen-DeWitt USA ones for sale on eBay, I notice....

I’ll admit I bought as many USA made ones as I could then wound up with a few China ones and said no more of those.. I will pay for USA as long as they are a quality tool. I don’t mind paying up as I feel I will not have to replace it due to failure. My nice fancy fancy snap on scanner is ... made in China! 6 grand and I have a China made tool pissed me off, found out all of their electronics are China and most of the blue point tools are too. Sad greedy bastards!
About the same way I felt when I found out the 5.7 Hemi in my brand new 2021 Ram pickup was assembled in another country
I bought that truck because I wanted a American made truck, why in God's name can't a engine be assembled in this country?
Oh sorry me, its because some greedy prick wants even more money and more for stock holders
Lets just send another American to some discount store were all they sell is imported crap and work there for minimum wages
Snap On ? You'd like to think your shelling out all that money for a scanner it could at least be assembled here. Im sure we know longer make all the necessary components but at least assemble it here.
Yes I agree it would piss me and it does

I believe SnapOn has entered the Arena, But I don't want to go Political here...
Nothing political about it.
Not unless some want to play the blame game, which the corps who profit using third world labor love to see as it diverts attention from them
Its fact and has been fact for decades now
Did those folks at vice grip loose their jobs because they were overpaid? Was the taxes to high for the corporation? Was the overhead too high?
Or did the company just decided that making their products over seas was more economical and allowed them more profits?
Did they consider the impact of putting Americans out of work.
Ask yourself if you made say a million dollars a year salary as a CEO and you knew if you moved your entire business to China which resulted in 200 of your employees to be laid off, the factory closed but now you could make four million a year what would you do?
Think about it, a million a year in middle America could buy you a nice home, plus a get away home, new cars, all the hobby cars you want and that big garage....But four times that salary now were really talking, you could jet set around the world, more houses more. cars and more money
Could you live with yourself and you saw that machinist who got laid off working the deli counter in the supermarket
Id like to think most of us couldnt do that, wouldn't do that but many of us would, every exuse like obligations to the stockholders, every excuse in the book
Thats what weve become and politicians the last 40 years haven't had the balls to place restrictions or taxes on imports as they are bought and sold

I believe SnapOn has entered the Arena, But I don't want to go Political here...
If you mean the arena of outsourcing production to China, yes they have - to an extent.
They actually have plants in several parts of the world, including Europe and Asia - but specifically
from China, their plants make cordless screwdrivers, variable speed polishers, welding helmets,
safety gloves, air compressors, etc.
One thing about that company - you can go to their website and look and they're pretty open about
stating the country of origin on their products.

If you mean the arena of outsourcing production to China, yes they have - to an extent.
They actually have plants in several parts of the world, including Europe and Asia - but specifically
from China, their plants make cordless screwdrivers, variable speed polishers, welding helmets,
safety gloves, air compressors, etc.
One thing about that company - you can go to their website and look and they're pretty open about
stating the country of origin on their products.
No, I mean something else. Look Deeper. Think Woke Culture, and Election Reform...

I am sorry, but i believe the unions have pushed out alot of manufacturing production in north america.

Labour costs go up then the companies are forced to find cheaper alternatives so the company survives.
Everyone has walmart mentality. Cheap, cheap and cheap. Quality anything comes our way and everyone complains about how expensive it is. Companies cannot compete with the cheap labour of china etc.
You see something for sale and EVERYONE compares prices. Cheap usually wins out. So the product that is expensive goes bankrupt and dies.

I honestly cannot see the "made in america" actually survive.
Most is cast, formed or made in another country. The made in america logo only has to have a certain percentage to get the logo. Look at edelbrock. They dont cast anything in america

A lot of people remark on employee pay... dollars per hour for some and salaries for others; but you have to look at total compensation. What do I mean by that?
Employee pay plus benefits; benefits like health insurance. My employer makes several different health insurance plans available and pays a portion of it. The employee pays a portion too. In total, health insurance costs are sky high. Corporations are always looking for ways to reduce their outlay of money. Moving manufacturing to certain foreign countries is the easy way out for them to reduce costs.

Auto Transport Service
Back