• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The one and only Roy Clark!

Xp29h

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:41 AM
Reaction score
saw this and had to post! Incredible! Probably not the most technically correct version out there but still a great guitar player and great showman. Not to mention all played on a 12 string!

That’s why I was browsing around his old performances. I knew he didn’t come down. He was always one of my favorites!

Guy was a classic! Great three-finger player too..

As i said at the time of his death I had a big personal connection with Mr. Clark my whole life.

Definitely a little slower version on the 12 string than on h 6! Both versions, the right hand is moving!

It's hard to talk about about without mentioning people I shouldn't mention. A great guy. A self-deprecating sense of humor. It was tough to watch him grow old.

A friend of mine told me that he had seen him at the races and was a really great person.

67cc2ea57edf08a44a87d97b467fd1fd264f1942.jpg
I have a Roy Clark cocktail pinball machine. The guy was a born entertainer and talented! Sorry for the file shot but I have a ton of stuff on top of mine from organizing the garage.

Roy Clark is probably one of the most talented string musicians of our time, if not the most talented.
My father had a country and western band called the Rhythm Ranch Boys that he played gigs all over eastern Colorado to supplement the household income with. He was the lead guitarist and lead singer.
We used to watch Hee-Haw whenever it was on. The old man was very good, but more of the Johnny Cash style. Whenever Roy would come on he would proclaim "That is best damned guitar player ever". I agree Pop, I agree.
That kid in the video playing the banjo was pretty damned smoking as well, did he ever become somebody?

Roy Clark is probably one of the most talented string musicians of our time, if not the most talented.
My father had a country and western band called the Rhythm Ranch Boys that he played gigs all over eastern Colorado to supplement the household income with. He was the lead guitarist and lead singer.
We used to watch Hee-Haw whenever it was on. The old man was very good, but more of the Johnny Cash style. Whenever Roy would come on he would proclaim "That is best damned guitar player ever". I agree Pop, I agree.
That kid in the video playing the banjo was pretty damned smoking as well, did he ever become somebody?

Sadly, he recently passed away.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/entertai...cle_02155e2d-9ff9-5eae-a79c-0e358927934e.html

Very cool cars, one of them
great musician, country & western star

65 Belvedere 426ci Hemi Super Picker Roy Clark C&W music star 10.5 sec. car.jpg

65 Belvedere 426ci Hemi Super Picker Roy Clark Hea Ha Fame C&W singer.jpg

One of my all time faves. An incredible talent and an even better guy. He had a place in Tulsa and a house up here at Grand lake near me. Several friends knew him and always said he was the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet.

Auto Transport Service
Back