• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the one in the way

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
ok .. this is a ugly step kid to maw mopar. the new hart for my amc S/C 360. pan is on so it must be done.... the sooner i get her done. the sooner i can give my 62 all of my time and love she needs.
hope this is ok here. deleat if not ok

1659364316288.png

I have always liked AMC's. Wish America would have done whatever to keep the American Motor Company alive and well even today.

I do think Gremlins are cool. I wouldn't mind having a Rebel, AMX, Javelin or S/C Rambler.

I used to have a Gremlin. I was a LOT smaller back then. My new wife and I took it on our honeymoon 51 years ago. I still have the wife, but not the Gremlin.

This is one of my favorite Roadkill cars. Always wanted to build a street freak grimmie. I’ve always like the looks of the amx, kinda cartoonish

93057536-6DF1-4018-A0C2-B2D2BBF700CC.jpeg

78AB9BEF-C91F-400A-B3AA-E91912FF58EA.jpeg

Love the engine color in that era...

i got a compleat 390 with T10 that will go nice in yours .... or ... sell me your hornet .... lol
I want to build a 71 Hornet with any AMC V8. I found one but its 9 hrs away, one way. Youu know how high fuel is and its hard forold guys to sit that long!!!! I lkke my 75 with the six, it has a couple of small rusty spots i will do surgery on when it cools off!!

I want to build a 71 Hornet with any AMC V8. I found one but its 9 hrs away, one way. Youu know how high fuel is and its hard forold guys to sit that long!!!! I lkke my 75 with the six, it has a couple of small rusty spots i will do surgery on when it cools off!!
i drove 14 hrs for the 70 i got ... and my S/C was a day and 1/2 away .... there getting few and far between. sense the big 3 have gotten so costly brand X is gaining more of a following. and going up cost wise. .. if ya know of a good one within a days drive one way .... ya should make the deal if its what ya want. late hemi are a popular swap and fit well. just be ready to fab stuff....
little to no engine bay mods
1659443884517.png

Last edited:
i drove 14 hrs for the 70 i got ... and my S/C was a day and 1/2 away .... there getting few and far between. sense the big 3 have gotten so costly brand X is gaining more of a following. and going up cost wise. .. if ya know of a good one within a days drive one way .... ya should make the deal if its what ya want. late hemi are a popular swap and fit well. just be ready to fab stuff....
little to no engine bay mods
View attachment 1322698
I would go after it, but I still have a few to thnout. NOONE is wanting to pay shipping and NOONE wants to make a trip to buy. I'm getting so ld and woreout, its hard to do all the work. I agree AMC cars are getting in demand.

don't know if ya seen her before ... but it took me ayear to track down the original engine for it.... well worth the hunt
1659470776182.png

Auto Transport Service
Back