• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the one in the way

well .... its in and up and running .... decided to swap out the stock 4300 carb and drop the 750 on it. full roller rockers with 7/16 screw in studs. kinda big cam should be broke in by now so i can put the inner spring back in it.
but the good news is ... its the 62's turn. ... finally.
and did i tell yall i bought a 79 concord and 2 74 javelin's??? just to flip/part out for more dart money...lol

f24e3b420277a1cf.jpg

869edb7af35e2028.jpg

90307b4414143d80.jpg

img (3).jpg

IMG_20230301_104243.jpg

IMG_20230301_104303.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good!
and..... I like those AMC cars!
i do to ... but i hate the javelins after 1970... thay just got big and ugly. got these to sell or part out. and just to get this out of the way... if it has a back seat ... its not a AMX ... its a javelin with a trim package

Engine looks great

I had an AMC Gremlin once. It had a 327....(sbc) LOL
I had a buddy Jeff B. Concord Ca. guy, that had a 68 335hp 383,
with a bunch of bolt ons & tf727 RR converter
narrowed 8.750" 3.90:1 (my gearset) out of an A Body in one (Gremlin)
that thing was scary fast for a light streetcar
Another buddy of mine from Concord had a BB w30 455/th400 Olds
& 12 bolt (narrowed) out of the same wrecked 442 in one too, quick light car

Last edited:
im a mopar guy but a car guy to. have many brands. always had a soft spot for AMC's tho.
the S/C360 im doing now is my recovery car. i was working in a junk yard in socal (indio) in the 70's early 80's. boos said he would sell me any car that came in for 100 bucks more than he paid.
brung home 1/2 a paycheck and a new car almost every week. had a bunch of stuff we all wish we had now. 2 of them were S/C360's running driving cars. one was a 2bbl auto car and the other was the hard core go pack car.
4bbl 4 speed 4.10 twin grip would give a bb a run for its money won most lost some. divorce happened and had to sell all of the stuff i had gathered up car's and parts that i ain't seen sence. so thats why im doing this one. i have recovered from one nasty ugly thing and my S/C360 and 62 dart are proof.

I guess you feel welcome by now, I also had a gremlin with the 6 and a 3 speed on the floor. Bought for $25 and it went around the neighborhood for that amount each time. Went through streams, over jumps, mailboxes and whatever got in the way. Great car, great fun!

And then there's 360 powered Jeeps....
I restored this one 33 years ago.
Still runs great. Though lately, it seems
as parts cost rival those of corvettes
and Harleys.
photo-1.JPG
image005-1.jpg

Last edited:
ain't that the truth.... its getting that way for just about any amc now.... i just bought 4 more....lol
IMG_20230402_140935.jpg

IMG_20230402_140918.jpg

I got a soft spot (probably in my skull bone) for AMC, always have...
heck, I was brought home from being born in a 1960 Rambler wagon. :)

She's about ready for a refresh though,
Steering box, brake booster, and
transfer case chain are on the list.
Still drives down the road okay,
but multiple hours of seat time
tells me these items need attention.
It's hard juggling two projects at once,
plus upkeep on the abode while on
retirement income.
Also trying to get the old Plymouth
titled and licensed.
20230331_174202.jpg