• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The passing of my wife Gloria, and an unintended pun

Sorry for your loss, and condolences to you and your family...

My wife Gloria passed Tuesday morning. She has had health issues for a long time, and was at home with hospice care.
Wednesday, Our adult children and I met with the mortuary to make funeral arrangements.
On the way home the mortuary called reminding me that they need payment 48 hours before the funeral.
I blurted out, "what do they think we're going to do, leave Gloria there and ghost them". The kids started laughing uncontrollably!
Then I realized the pun. It was nice to hear the kids laugh at such a hard time in their lives.
Pretty tacky to call you about payment.

My wife Gloria passed Tuesday morning. She has had health issues for a long time, and was at home with hospice care.
Wednesday, Our adult children and I met with the mortuary to make funeral arrangements.
On the way home the mortuary called reminding me that they need payment 48 hours before the funeral.
I blurted out, "what do they think we're going to do, leave Gloria there and ghost them". The kids started laughing uncontrollably!
Then I realized the pun. It was nice to hear the kids laugh at such a hard time in their lives.
I'm so very sad to read of your loss - but encouraged to read of your keeping a bit of a spark during what
is surely the toughest of times most of us will ever endure in our lives.

I cannot earnestly state I would have been so sharp at that moment as you were - but it obviously provided
your kids a bit of relief and encouragement, because you know they're looking at their dad for signs that
he/you're going to be all right through this.
That's an amazing little moment, really...

God bless and keep you and yours, sir. :praying:

Sorry for your loss. Some people are just clueless when it comes to times like this

Sincere condolences to you and your family as well.

On the brighter side, the pun that made everyone laugh was a good one. I’m sure up above the wife even chuckled at that one. Having a sense of humor is critical.

So keep remembering the good times and make light of the crap ones.

Very sorry that you lost your wife. I can imagine the sorrow you feel. May your wife rest in peace.

Please accept my sincere condolences.

I'm happy to hear your kids are with you - now is the time for family to come together and be with one another. And, yes, it's OK to smile and joke a bit through the grief. As a matter of fact, I'd say it is a critical part to mourning.

Again, so sorry for your loss...

Your family is in my prayers, for peace and comfort in your hearts.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family sir. Take care and know you have many here who have you and yours in their hearts.

Sorry for your loss. Some people are just clueless when it comes to times like this
I'd venture to say most people are....
I'd also venture to say that this is quite normal, too.

Auto Transport Service
Back