• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Perfect Run

NSS Guy

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Saturday at the NMCA NSS AllStar race Mike Schaefer made a perfect run against me in the second round of the NSS Allstar race!! This is a footbrake index class no electronics of any kind, plus his car runs on the 9.00 index.
Congrats to Mike again.

20200928_140218.jpg

Any pics of your cars ? We'd love to see them !

Dang, can't argue with that.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout ! Let's see some detail shots, and of course the "elephants" !

Not only is Mike a tough customer he's a genuine nice guy. Not to mention he's now in charge of machining at Indy Cylinder Head.
Doug

What's amazing to me is that one thousandth of a second the wrong way on that lap, on either end, and it's a potential loser! Astounding !

yeah and everyone thinks this foot brake, index class is easy. yeah right. there are some tough customers in n/ss. just sayin.

I didnt qualify for Saturdays All Star race. We qualify against index. I was number 18.
Check out how close you had to be. The top half of the field.
Doug

Screenshot_20200929-073530_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Jim, That's when you walk over and shake his hand! Nothing you could have done to change it, so no reason to be upset. Congrats To Mike. I think a perfect run is even more rare than a hole in one or a "300" game. At Maple Grove a few weeks ago, I was in the pits, but heard the announcer state that a racer just missed a perfect run in eliminations (rd 2). He was .000 on the tree, but -.001 at the stripe. He went home.

Thats awesome and congrats to him. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back