• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The PPIR Rock and Rumble Show. Long. First you tube of the event

SteveSS

Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
I didn't take pictures it was just so overwhelming. I'm waiting for some official videos to come out, I'll forward them.

This is what we did this weekend. There is a big race track in southern Colorado Springs. That's where we have been drag racing. Last Friday and Saturday they had a festival called Rock and Rumble.

It started Friday at noon and went to Saturday at midnight. Bryce and I were getting the Non-Mopar ratty muscle car ready all Friday and went to it Saturday morning to enter the car show, drag race and swap meet. Here's what was going on.

Pikes Peak Hot Rod Rock and Rumble | Sept. 21 - 22, 2018

Drag Racing . Bryce raced the Non Mopar

Car Show No vehicles newer than 1972. Our non Mopar is a 1970

Oval track Racing, I swear to God I saw a late model Jeep on the track with those midgets ( Sorry I don't know much about those cars) race cars on the same track. What the hell?

Go Kart Racing

Burn Out Contest judged by Aaron Kaufman. He's the famous guy from Gas Monkey, now Shifting Gears.

Big Money Vendors: Inside Booths: Custom pin striping, Tattoos, Model cars, Real cars, Merchandising, Outside booths: Too many too remember.

Several live bands: two different stages. Too many to remember. Focus on Rockabilly.

A vintage Camper display

Flame Thrower Contest. This where unburnt gas is lit on fire exiting the exhaust pipes shooting 10 feet.

Swap Meet. We had a booth and sold extra car parts and some of my Tom Fritz art.

Lots of girls dressed up Pin Up style. Actually almost all girls were dressed up like this and the show was 40% girls. We had some pin up girls pose with our car. We'll have to wait for the photographer to post the pictures but I payed the girls.
We didn't have enough energy to make the burlesque show, that went from 10 'til midnight.

The non Mopar is a Ratty Muscle Car. That's a new thing. You have probably heard about Rat Rods and that was a big focus of this show.
We are a little ahead of the curve with our Ratty Muscle. The non Mopar is at least 3 different colors no interior, giant rear tires, well you'll see soon enough. Cool thing was we bought our car for $2900 and it fit right in.

How many cars were there? Bryce thought maybe 3,000. If you stop at about 5:30 you are looking north, there are 7 lanes of cars both sides for about 350 yards, then oval tracks then, swap meets, then car corral, then go karts.

This is the first you tube video to surface. He came on Friday and stayed until Saturday night. P.S. Kaufman's people were taping videos of his Falcon drag racing that huge semi cab. A videographer was kneeling down in the middle of both lanes at the 60' mark filming the starts.

Never fear you can Come to the muscle car version of this next year.

https://classicmuscleshow.com/

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back