• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Rainbow bridge . . .

conv67bdere

Super Moderator
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
Had unexpected visitors as my daughter and my (2) granddaughters showed up Thursday night for a visit - they're selling their house in VA and the showings were non stop, so she thought it would better to just get out and visit grandpa . . . and avoid the chaos and confusion . . .

My granddaughter and my Great Dane . . . so cute . . .

rainbowbridge.jpg

Sorry to inform everyone that my best buddy, my 12 1/2 year old Great Dane (Titus) has crossed the rainbow bridge Friday Morning . . .

The picture above is the last picture that was taken of my little buddy . . .

It was both a curse and a blessing that my daughter was there . . . but it all happened early Friday morning. How I was able to pick up my 125 pound sick dog, and get him in the truck, to get him to the vet - is beyond me - but God gives us the "strength" we need when we need it . . . Having her and the grandkids there helped occupy my head, but I feel bad that she had to be there for this sad event.

They left and went back home Saturday . . . and the house is so empty, quiet, and lonely . . . Need some time to get my head back together and grieve the loss of my best friend.

Putting a lot of attention, and energy into my my shop building . . . to "try" and keep my mind off my broken and empty heart . . .

He's buried out back, right next to my Lab "Belle" who I also lost at this same house.

Love you little buddy . . . You will never be forgotten . . . You provided my 12 1/2 years of unforgettable memories and companionship . . . and you're no longer in any pain . . . I'll see you again - someday . . .

Sad days . . .

They are members of the family and each time we lose one we grieve. 12.5 years of companionship and love is wonderful. I cried like a baby when we lost our chocolate lab Belle. It a natural emotion when we really love what we have lost. 440'

I have a one eyed cat named Pogo that will be crossing this bridge one day. She is a sweet cat we rescued from the shelter. But she has recently started with hearing loss and she seems to have some sort of dementia. But she knows who we are. I know the day is coming and she will be missed. I feel for you and your loss.

As someone who spends a lot of time at the dog parks, I love Danes. They are gentle giants who love to play. Can tell he thinks it's fun that somebody has his tail.

Oh man, so sorry for your loss! Won't be long before I'll be losing another to cancer. She's a rescue from 4 years ago and is the most loving and gentle PD I've ever had....it's never easy.

very sorry to hear this news, cherish the memories........12years is an awesome run......... RIP Titus :(

Sorry to hear this, it's Always hard getting past these times.
I've heard God created Dogs to accompany Man through Life.
Perhaps that's why God spelled in reverse, is Dog...

Sorry to hear, it's always tough to lose a loved one no matter if its a person or a pet they both are cared for the same.

Great Danes are leanin dogs! I have a buddy that had 2 of them. Lacy, the friendlier of the 2 would come up by your side and just start leaning into your leg, almost to the point of pushing you over. Sorry for your grief.

So sorry for your loss.
But understand this... people that have never enjoyed the love and devotion of a good dog.... there is a part of that person's soul that will never be found. and is always missing.

Tears are falling for you. Having just loss Titan I know how you are feeling

so sorry and yes my eyes are teared up. I just went threw this 3 months ago. Never forgotten and always missed. RIP And that picture is priceless .

Auto Transport Service
Back