• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The real estate market here.

SteveSS

Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
It's crazy. My son is trying to buy a house and he can't find one. My son and his girlfriend put in an offer at the asking price and they were hopeful because it had been on the market for 4 days. Nope, already sold. Now they have another offer in for $11K over the asking price and they are keeping their fingers crossed.

Yup, not a time to buy. Gonna crash at some point.

10k-20k is nothing. ThTs very fair
Tits more like 75k-200k in la county

Guy I know sold his home in Woodside, listed it at 9 million, sold in one day, for 5 million over the asking price.... I'd sure like to have been the agent getting that commission check...

The good thing is the mortgage rates are so low. We bought a new house last October and I got 3.15% fixed. The mortgage broker called me on Thursday and offered me 2.75% to re-fi. The only reason that I'm hesitating is I have an offer in on a 4 acre commercial lot with a shop for the truck.

Guy I know sold his home in Woodside, listed it at 9 million, sold in one day, for 5 million over the asking price.... I'd sure like to have been the agent getting that commission check...
I'd like to be the guy that got the $14 million.

I bought a house on the beach last August for 525,000 and turned down 725,000 cash 2 weeks ago to a new York City Couple. Just was not interested in selling.

The good thing is the mortgage rates are so low. We bought a new house last October and I got 3.15% fixed. The mortgage broker called me on Thursday and offered me 2.75% to re-fi. The only reason that I'm hesitating is I have an offer in on a 4 acre commercial lot with a shop for the truck.
Your inbox is full.

Gold Members get a larger inbox.:poke:

I paid 79k for my small house back in 98. I just got a doo dad in the mail from Zillow offering me 204k for my rinky dink house. Its I think 1200 square feet. I should take them up on it and go buy 5 acres in the woods and plop down a double wide and build a hell of a garage.

I paid 79k for my small house back in 98. I just got a doo dad in the mail from Zillow offering me 204k for my rinky dink house. Its I think 1200 square feet. I should take them up on it and go buy 5 acres in the woods and plop down a double wide and build a hell of a garage.

If Zillow offered 204K you can probably get 240K.. They expect to make $$$... But your 5 acres in the woods is probably more $$$$ than you think...

I bought a house on the beach last August for 525,000 and turned down 725,000 cash 2 weeks ago to a new York City Couple. Just was not interested in selling.

I hear you. Our little place on the lake in NH that we bought 20 years ago is turning out to be the best investment my wife and I have ever made. Even if/when the market crashes, it won't come down enough to where we will be under water when it comes time for us to sell. 3 years ago, we saw the first million dollar home sell here & now it's under agreement for 2 million. One recently remodeled 900 square foot cracker box just sold for 900 large. It's nuts!

It’s messed up here in eastern Maine too and suspect all over Maine. Prices are crazy high, interest rates are pretty low. Sellers and their agents are just plain whacked. My daughter has put offers in on 2 houses now. No return offer for almost the 24 hours period. Then it comes in refused. Both instances she offered their full asking price and no other offers on the table! Apparently the gimmick is now is to ask your price you want and then wait for a bidding war to raise the price! If no war happens refuse it until you get more people involved! Very unethical I say!

she does have an offer in on the 3rd one. It’ll be 24 hours today at 3. We’ll see on this one too,

hey expect to make $$$... But your 5 acres in the woods is probably more $$$$ than you think...
You are probably correct, but if you get some property in Detroit its cheap. Soo maybe Ill transplant and own a city block. :)

You are probably correct, but if you get some property in Detroit its cheap. Soo maybe Ill transplant and own a city block. :)
Better get that property in Detroit pretty quick. They're absolutely building the snot out of Detroit, and prices are going up fast. Lived and worked around there for 45 years, and for the first time I see some hope for that shithole.

Better get that property in Detroit pretty quick. They're absolutely building the snot out of Detroit, and prices are going up fast. Lived and worked around there for 45 years, and for the first time I see some hope for that shithole.
Thats good news... I was kidding though. I did see some revitalization about the area. It would be awesome for Detroit to make a huge comeback. When I watched Grand Tour and Jeremy and crew were there and they were at a fairly decent house that was cheap. Which is where my mindset was when I made the post lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back