• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The stereotype movie a-hole cars.

General Motors built a run of "special" Buick's ( but not Buick Special's) for California Highway Patrol. These were Buick Century 2-door sedans, and were not available to the regular public. Buick put the larger 322 c.i. Century motor in the lighter Special 2-door sedan body, instead of the standard 264. These cars usually had the 3-speed manual transmission instead of the sluggish Dynaflow. Sort of like an early C.O.P.O. musclecar.
tvdr0474-jpg.1407509

These days, the a-holes in real life....seem to be driving late-model mopar hemi or jeeps.

First Muscle car is a debate that has more opinions than a gaggle of grandpa's? But my vote? The 1964 Pontiac GTO. The reason? It was purposefully built as a working man's performance car? The cars earlier had lower performance. Multi door model options. Not GTO. Couldn't get one with a straight 6. Or in 4 door. It was Muscle or bust. JMO.
The Max Wedge cars were the first muscle cars,by GMs own definition of a intermediate sized car with a large engine in it. They would stomp any GTO ever built too. The GTO was an option on the Tempest and Lemans platform which offered four door models and station wagons too with straight six engines as well as small displacement eight cylinder engines too.

Last edited:
As I told you a few days ago. In the movie Renfield, the dumbass criminal was driving a late model Challenger with a fake blower sticking out of the hood with the overdone decals on the rear quarter. This is the only photo I could find. It's a behind-the-scenes shot. The bad guy's crime family is the Lobos so the decal is a wolf, not a Hellcat. It was definitely meant to look like a weasel type of guy over-compensating. The movie is nothing great but it's a good time to watch. Although Nicolaus Cage is great in it.

lobo.jpg

They finally graduated to Dodges.
They eventually had to film scenes with Crawford driving early in the day because by noon he was usually tanked.
I used to get a kick outta watching reruns of that old show. Watching Broderick Crawford running after someone was hilarious! And I liked the episode where the two guys were doing robberies while driving a "supercharged" hot rod. It was so loud due to having the supercharger.... But, what I saw in the show just looked like a flathead with a pair of 2 bbl carbs on top (IIRC).

To me the BMW drivers are the worst! They think they are the only ones on the road and they think they own it too!
I've heard this before. I haven't seen it too much. BMWs don't make good winter cars, thus not too popular in Minnesota.

When I first moved to Colorado BMWs and Audis were the first ones stuck in the snow and I'd try to help them out. Then I thought, they're not helping me pay for gas in my 4wd during the summer so WTF they can call for a tow. We did help some people when we had the bomb cyclone but that was dangerous stuff not just an inconvenience.

Auto Transport Service
Back