• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The wedding Bee

jamie

Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
So I posted this awhile back on the A12 playground but thought I would share it here also.We picked up this car to use as a parts car for the 1969 coronet convertible I did a few years ago.
It sat for some time before I thought it was time to do a father/son car.

The car was very rough but not as bad as the convertible so i thought it would be a good candidate.

bee body.JPG super2.JPG super8.JPG

He took the car home,pulled it all apart and bagged and tagged everything

super4.JPG super5.JPG super6.JPG

It's in about the same shape as my GTX when i started. Nothing a few hundred (or more) hours of work won't cure. Piece of cake! :thumbsup:

LOL ok I agree it's really not bad but you guys all have those optimistic "B BODY" glasses on!:lol:

So I take it back to my shop and begin the teardown.

super13.JPG super14.JPG super11.JPG super12.JPG

After taking about a hundred measurements(I have another solid clean 1969 to go by and take measurements)I stripped it,then sandblasted it to see what I had to work with.

super16.JPG

I set up jigs,which you can't always see in pics, according to the other 69 measurements.because the back of the car was so rusty,it didn't make a lot of sense to jig it up if it had sagged here and there from the rust...and it had.

I cut out the outer wheelhouses and repaired the inners.

bee7.JPG bee4.JPG bee5.JPG

I mocked everything up several times for measuring and fitting the new outer wheelhouses.I then used SPI epoxy primer in and on the frame rails and other covered areas and installed the trunk pan

super19.JPG super26.jpg super22.jpg super23.jpg

It went outside again to blast the outer wheelhouses and trunk pan

Then I mocked up the Dutchman,quarters,doors,trunk and tail panel

super24.jpg super25.jpg

I had a good set of original inner doors so I reskinned them with AMD skins

bee11.JPG

I then fixed the floor pans with an original floor I got from a 70 4 door coronet

super28.JPG super20.JPG super21.JPG super32.JPG super27.jpg

Once everything was welded back up it went on the rotisserie so I could add torque boxes and frame connectors

bee12.JPG bee13.JPG bee14.JPG bee8.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back