• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Theater Room carpet, and finally almost finished with the construction project...

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score
...the construction project that has been a soul darkening, money pit, time bandit, storm of despair...
Some of you know of my rants about the thieves, including both general contractors we had, drug addicts, gypsies, crap work, and all around nightmare a small 2nd house my wife and I decided to build over 3 years ago near the beach in Mississippi, mainly to make the most of Cruisin the Coast, the ONE vacation we take each year, to enjoy our classic muscle cars to the fullest extent by being able to STAY there, in the "action", instead of driving back and forth from our house. Even though it's only 45 minutes away, an hour and a half round trip, staying there just adds to the mental feeling of being on vacation, and makes the most of our precious time off. Having friends come by to share the fun is a lot easier too when you are where "it's happening".
I won't rehash all the problems, it makes me too angry, so I really just wanted to share a feature that came out nice, and gives me joy.
We had planned on only one bedroom and one full bath, but found out the loan appraisal was too low unless we added a 2nd bedroom and full bath, which really made the value per foot² jump up, so we added on a top floor single room, which could be a bedroom and has a shower, sink, and toilet, and a "closet area". What it is being used for is a Theater Room, and I got lucky as the room is 13'5½" wide, and the printed pattern area of the carpet is 13'6" wide, so no seams.
The "closet area" is going to be where my audio and video source equipment is, along with a retro small refrigerator and other concession equipment.
So after all that, here's our theater themed carpet. It has so many cool details in it, I find something new every time I look at it. A few things like: 3-D color glasses, popcorn containers, studio lights, VCR cassette, and so on.
ENJOY!
20211120_155538.jpg
20211120_155610.jpg
20211120_155755.jpg

...the construction project that has been a soul darkening, money pit, time bandit, storm of despair...
Some of you know of my rants about the thieves, including both general contractors we had, drug addicts, gypsies, crap work, and all around nightmare a small 2nd house my wife and I decided to build over 3 years ago near the beach in Mississippi, mainly to make the most of Cruisin the Coast, the ONE vacation we take each year, to enjoy our classic muscle cars to the fullest extent by being able to STAY there, in the "action", instead of driving back and forth from our house. Even though it's only 45 minutes away, an hour and a half round trip, staying there just adds to the mental feeling of being on vacation, and makes the most of our precious time off. Having friends come by to share the fun is a lot easier too when you are where "it's happening".
I won't rehash all the problems, it makes me too angry, so I really just wanted to share a feature that came out nice, and gives me joy.
We had planned on only one bedroom and one full bath, but found out the loan appraisal was too low unless we added a 2nd bedroom and full bath, which really made the value per foot² jump up, so we added on a top floor single room, which could be a bedroom and has a shower, sink, and toilet, and a "closet area". What it is being used for is a Theater Room, and I got lucky as the room is 13'5½" wide, and the printed pattern area of the carpet is 13'6" wide, so no seams.
The "closet area" is going to be where my audio and video source equipment is, along with a retro small refrigerator and other concession equipment.
So after all that, here's our theater themed carpet. It has so many cool details in it, I find something new every time I look at it. A few things like: 3-D color glasses, popcorn containers, studio lights, VCR cassette, and so on.
ENJOY! View attachment 1197178 View attachment 1197179 View attachment 1197180
Very nice. :thumbsup:

Wow! Psychedelic to the max! It would take a week to contemplate that carpet while being stoned.... LOL.. Cool stuff.

Hey, thanks for all the replies...
If any of you come to the week long, amazing event Cruisin the Coast, and we meet up, you may get to see it in person.
I had a pattern picked out more like the one my friend Bret (RIP) installed in my theater room that was published in a magazine, in the last house we lived in, but it was :eek: 20 weeks to delivery :rolleyes: so I kept looking and found the one in the picture.
One of few things that actually worked out in the construction nightmare...
I think I may use in-wall Klipsch speakers across the front. I prewired for in-wall or floor standing front 3 speakers, and 3 in-ceiling rear surround sound speakers. I also ran a coax RCA cable for a subwoofer in the left rear corner, and an amp for tactile transducers aka "butt kickers" which vibrate the seats with deep bass.
20200903_131924.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe someday you'll be able to watch a film in there that your wife wrote the screenplay for.

WWWWOOOWWWW!!! That is one hell of a busy floor!!! Reminds me of an Acid Trip one might experience. So I guess, "FAR OUT"!!! is in order here...cr8crshr/Bill:bananaweed::bananaweed::bananaweed::fool::fool::fool::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last edited:
Wow !!
that's some different "bold" carpet...

kind of fitting for a "theater room"

progress is good

Thanks again for the kind replies.
YES! EVERYONE on the forum should come to Cruisin the Coast and spend the whole week if possible!
@Dennis H had his Coronet R/T shipped here, flew in, and drove back to California after CtC was over.

Auto Transport Service
Back