• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thermoguard/Washer Reservoir Missing for my 1978 Cordoba - Help!

BillyRay59

Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
Missing the thermoguard/reservoir. I'm sure I'm not the first one with this problem. I've searched this forum, but didn't find any solutions. I'm also sure that this part is unobtainium, so I assume an aftermarket reservoir is the only solution? What has anyone else done? Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2023-03-14 201748.jpg

As you surmised, not an easy part to come by. Mine was cut by the original owner to accommodate a different style battery. I happened to come across a pair at a vendor table at Carlisle. I bought the better, non-tampered piece. Although dirty and faded, I subsequently restored and brightened it to almost new condition. "I found it at Carlisle" !

i think i might have one from my 79 300 if interested i will look

You can try Wild Cat Auto Wrecking. A all Mopar yard in Oregon.
They have a web site.

well i went thru the shed and could not find the damm thing sorry i will keep looking but if you can come up with another one from somebody else go for it

Sheer unobtanium...on my 79 Cordoba, I used a 74-78 C body washer bottle and mounted it on the passenger side inner fender well where there was room after I adjusted some things around for it to fit.

Then I just used a conventional style battery hold down.

I cannot get pics right now...cars in storage.

Auto Transport Service
Back