• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thermoquad air cleaner pics and info

Gary P

Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a project thread on here, a 318 powered ‘78 Dodge Monaco 4 door. I’ve just taken the Lean Burn off, and replaced it with Mancini elec ignition kit, and replaced the stock intake with an Edelbrock Performer and a rebuilt Thermoquad.

Do any of you fine fellows run a thermoquad and if so, could you spare a moment to post pics and info about your air cleaner choice?

Thank you kindly!!

Gary.

IMG_3857.JPG

I know, quite boring but I was looking to save money. This was a cheap chrome lid and base that I sanded and painted satin black. I had several bases and lids in the shed so I just used what I had.

I ran the Mopar unsilenced on my Duster and 72 Charger with Thermoquads. Available from Mancini racing.

IMG_2040.JPG
IMG_2888.JPG

If your having air cleaner fitting issues, use a thicker or multiple gaskets under the air cleaner to add height where the ca b sits to help clear the top of the fuel bowls. The fuel bowls are not only a little high but have an odd contour to them that interferes with most air cleaners.

Gary,

Here is my Thermoquad in all it's glory - I run it on my 73 with my stroker 340.
20221014_081826.jpg

I run the original air cleaner (all dirty and skanky, but it is a near daily driver and drove across country)
20221014_081756.jpg

I have in my "stash" a plain chrome air cleaner. It looks like this on the car (and fits fine):
20221014_081935.jpg

If you want it, PM me and I will send it to you for free as long as the shipping isn't crazy expensive. You'll need a new filter (so I won't send that).

Like above Chrysler factory air cleaners ( 4 bbl) are easy junk yard finds. Any from the late 70's to the late 80's
This was a $10 score.Not pretty but didn't need to be,just functional.

IMG_0434.jpg

Last edited:
Like Kern Dog, Using a cheap aftermarket 4 bbl base,you can use a unsilenced top such as this one.It is from a slant six from the mid 60's

IMG_2799.jpg

Gary,

Here is my Thermoquad in all it's glory - I run it on my 73 with my stroker 340.
View attachment 1357382

I run the original air cleaner (all dirty and skanky, but it is a near daily driver and drove across country)
View attachment 1357381

I have in my "stash" a plain chrome air cleaner. It looks like this on the car (and fits fine):
View attachment 1357383

If you want it, PM me and I will send it to you for free as long as the shipping isn't crazy expensive. You'll need a new filter (so I won't send that).
Hip hip HOORAY. For a kind and generous member.

Auto Transport Service
Back